Return to Index  

Hi!

August 17 2012 at 3:55 PM
Nancy  (no login)

Response to Thanks Nancy...not a good FSH reading either. Also, your articles..;)

They won't cancel your cycle with an FSH of 12.1; based on my experience, what they will probably do is have you keep taking the ethinyl and have you wait a few days and go back in to see what happened (at least that's what happened when my FSH was higher at baseline, and also no injections during that time, not until after my 2nd "baseline" so to speak!). Also, if you keep taking the EE, dont expect too much too happen (except keep your FSH lower).

For IVF #1, my starting FSH was around 12 or 13 (can't remember but it was somewhere around there). They had me keep taking EE to keep my FSH down, but I got WAY oversupressed-by the time I started injections, not even the injections would make my follicles grow (it was VERY traumatic and I remember the OOT nurses shaking their heads like OMG you need to increase your dose!) I then opted to take EE every other day and then things started to happen but I only got one, sad egg that was an empty follicle. (not saying ths will happen to you becuase this it not commmon at all, as I seem to have this issue with empty follicle regardless).

For IVF #2, I took EE to supress in the prior cycle and my FSH was 9.5 at baseline, and even still they had me wait to start injections and told me to keep taking EE (but that time I said NO WAY). As you mentioned in your other post, if you keep taking the EE while doing the stims, you will probably only end up recruting one follicle. I suppose you could opt to keep taking the EE, and then stop it once your FSH goes down if you want to try to recruit more?

I am totally ditto with you on not having the strength to keep on doing this. My timeline was to stop at 40 and it's only 4 months away. I wanted to do IVF this month, but I have a humoungous (how on earth do you spell that?!) hemorraghic cyst and have to wait. I hope it goes away soon...if not, I have to keep waiting and TICK TICK.

I'd still love to see those articles, only when you get a chance I know it cna be PITA to scan so don't stress about it happy.gif my email is l u c y _ o p @ y m a i l . c o m

Hang in there...I am sorry your baseline didn't go as you had hoped, I feel your pain I really do. I hope you end up having a super awesome weekend regardless happy.gif

xxooxx
Nancy

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement