Single in Virginia/DC FSH 30, 36 y.o.August 26 2012 at 7:43 AM
|Jennifer (Login stamperjen)|
Hi - I am brand new to the boards, I was hoping to TTC in January and went for a consult at Sha.dy Gro.v.e. and just happened to be that by day 3 baseline could be done the next day so I went and did that the next morning.
After leaving the clinic Friday feeling even more certain of my decision to become a single mother by choice and then feeling good about the vaginal ultrasound and starting things off with the bloodtest yesterday AM, I was devestated to get a voicemail from the nurse in the late afternoon saying my results were back and that my FSH was higher than 10 (she said that's what they like to see).
Upon getting home and googling all of the numbers given to me and reading message boards for at least 10 hours (since last night and this AM) and crying my eyes out over the high FSH reading (I could tell by the nurse's voice this wasn't good!), I am not even sure where to go from here. My results were:
Is there any hope at all that I can conceive with my own eggs? I was reading about the Cooper clinic, is anyone here using them that is out of state, anyone in the DC area have any recommendations for doctors? I am certain the doctor (when I talk to her tomorrow) is going to say I am not a candidate for them. I was only going to a fertility clinic because I am single and was going to use donor sperm (haven't found Mr. Right yet and want to start a family).
Luckily, I haven't spent any money (other than co-pays for the tests yesterday and consultation), so I am glad to at least find out "early" and also be able to get the thryoid looked at but am at this point more just angry that they don't routinely test for this when you get a pap every year so you know where you are at toward menopause, etc. Ugh.
- Re: Single in Virginia/DC FSH 30, 36 y.o. - Anonymous on Aug 26, 8:54 AM
- Re: Single in Virginia/DC FSH 30, 36 y.o. - Anonymous on Aug 26, 10:50 AM
- Re: Single in Virginia/DC FSH 30, 36 y.o. - Anonymous on Aug 26, 11:53 AM
- Single, high fsh (pregnancy mentioned) - Karen S on Aug 26, 10:05 AM
- Re: Single, high fsh (pregnancy mentioned) - Anonymous on Aug 26, 10:51 AM
- Some things to consider - summerwind03 on Aug 26, 10:21 AM
- Re: Some things to consider - Anonymous on Aug 26, 10:52 AM
- Re: Single in Virginia/DC FSH 30, 36 y.o. - Jainee on Aug 26, 10:06 PM
- Great point about the tsh - summerwind03 on Aug 27, 5:04 AM
- thanks for putting in that in the title......... - Jainee on Aug 27, 8:11 AM
- Thanks! - Jennifer N on Aug 27, 4:25 PM
- You need to see an endocrinologist--NOT an RE!! - Piper on Aug 27, 4:45 PM
- Re: You need to see an endocrinologist--NOT an RE!! - Jennifer N on Aug 27, 7:46 PM
- My Fertility Doctor is also an endocrinologist - Jennifer on Aug 28, 6:00 AM
- Re: My Fertility Doctor is also an endocrinologist - Nancy on Aug 28, 3:53 PM
- All REs are trained in endocrinology-- - Piper on Aug 29, 10:30 AM