Thanks for all our thoughts ladies. Erin, I did go ahead and call the on-call Dr. It was Dr. Co.hen and our conversation was one of the best I've had with anyone at Coo.per. I really like her. She was also the doc that made the call on my case this morning, so besides giving her the sizes of the follies, I didn't have to refresh her much on my situation. She explained that because DH and I are doing ICSI, they prefer to have follies a little more mature than not, and that they 16, 15, and 13 might have trouble fertilizing if they trigger me tonight. She also said that they like to trigger older women no later than 20, but that it was less of an issue with younger women. (I guess I'm younger?!? I certainly don't feel that way!
So while I still don't feel 100% great about the situation, at least I understand the rationale more. And after talking with Cohe.n, I'm not sure triggering tonight would necessarily lead to a better outcome.
Alma, I don't necessarily have an issue with having over-mature follies, but I don't have any history of getting pregnant either and at least 2 of the 4 times they did sacrifice the lead for the other follies. So, unfortunately, I'm not really sure....
Jess, I'm so sorry that happened to you. How many of your follies fertilized? I hope this cycle ends with a BFP for you. I thought Dr. Check didn't like sacrificing the big for the little either....but who knows. Maybe each situation is different. Wednesday will be CD14 for me, so a Tuesday would have been a CD13 retrieval, not terrible I think.
Guess we'll just have to wait until Wednesday and see what happens.
Thanks again everyone,