Return to Index  

Similar thing happened to me...

September 20 2012 at 4:06 PM
Nancy  (no login)

Response to Thanks Kiwichick!! I was really surprised by her reaction because she is a che.ck nurse.

Hi,

I am so sorry that you had to hear words like thatthey sure sting, and I know how you feel. I just wanted to know that you are not alone in having similar comments from a Cooper nurse, which totally threw me for a loop. I have done 2 mini-IVFs with them so far, and each time I had a very poor response and/or empty follicle. During both of my IVFs, the first thing I heard from the nurse was (I am paraphrasing) You gotta make more eggs honey, this wont work with just 1 or 2, I am so sorry. REALLY? I mean, I know what she was trying to say, because I had empty follicle she was trying to make me feel better by saying that if I could just get more, it would improve my chances of having a follicle that wasnt empty. The first time, I shrugged it off, but the second time it really hurt me. I thought I was going to Cooper because they are understanding of these issues and DOR patients.

Also, regarding the EEsome people just get oversupressed on it, that happened to me. I think in some it helps to recruit more follicles, but I can tell you in my situation it shut me down for at least a week or more, the antrals would come and go, and the EE suppressed the effect of follistim injections too muchat any rate, the antrals change from day to day, so I dont know why she would say something like that to you. When I took EE, my AFC varied between 2 and 7, all within 10 days or so.

Hang in there! I dont think its over for you this cycle, unless you really feel more comfortable for some reason waiting to the next. Good luck happy.gif

Nancy

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement