Return to Index  

Thyroid

September 20 2012 at 5:54 PM
Tripplebe  (Login Tripplebe)

We had a WTF callback with Dr. Che.ck last week after our second failed mini-stim ivf with them. We discussed a number of things, one being my thyroid.

I read somewhere that some RE's prefer your TSH to be between 1 and 2. I told him mine was tested back in June and it was 2.23. Right away he was ready to prescribe meds to lower it. Although I have no problem taking anything that will improve our odds, I'm just concerned about messing with my thyroid. I know that most people are monitored very closely when they first go on thryoid medication and I'm just not comfortable with Coo.per staff managing this well.

Together we decided that it would be best to recheck my thyroid and see where things stand. My TSH came back exactly the same number as before 2.23. When I spoke to the nurse about my results she didn't understand why we tested my thryoid. I explained the conversation to her and she said that the Dr. said my numbers were fine and that they want to retest them in three months. I wish I was thinking more clearly at the time of the call. For instance...What Dr. said this? How come Dr. Che.eck was ready to prescribe something without retesting and now all of a sudden, even though my numbers haven't change, everything is fine?

I just freaking hate the inconsistencies you get based on who you talk to. I plan to ask for another callback with Dr. Ch.eck in a week or so to follow up with this and MH's clomid (see post below) but I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with their thyroid? Should I be concerned with this TSH level or just let it go?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thyroid - Jennifer N on Sep 20, 2012, 7:19 PM
  3. Thyroid - Jennifer N on Sep 20, 2012, 7:20 PM
    1. Re: Thyroid - Tripplebe on Sep 22, 2012, 7:08 AM
      1. Re: Thyroid - Jennifer N on Sep 22, 2012, 10:42 AM

4. I'd say - Kim on Sep 23, 2012, 3:04 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement