Return to Index  

Re: Just diagnosed DOR- Extremely high FSH

October 8 2012 at 7:02 AM
Jennifer N  (Login stamperjen)

Response to Just diagnosed DOR- Extremely high FSH

So sorry you are going through this. I haven't met "my one" so I decided I wanted to become a single mother on my own and found out after bloodwork about 2 months ago after my high FSH (30), and I have never tried to get pregnant before (have been on the pill since I was 18, I am turning 37 this month). I think it's great that your doctor is going to work with you as it seems like a lot of them do not. My doctor only told me I am not a good candidate for any fertility drugs but said we could still do an IUI as well, though I am still considering going to the clinic in NJ (Dr. Coo.per) instead of using my RE here just to see if that would be a better use of my time/money.

I would say give the IUIs a shot, it seems like a lot of the women with high FSH do conceive through an IUI, just keep in mind even without FSH the chances of conceiving in any given month are somewhat low (20% I think) so don't stress too much over any one particular cycle realizing even 'normal' couples take awhile. Good luck though, you'll learn a lot from the ladies on the board!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. hi - Laura on Oct 17, 2012, 7:05 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement