Return to Index  

Re: Cyst formation on BCP?

October 9 2012 at 9:00 AM
Nancy  (no login)

Response to Cyst formation on BCP?

Hi Houston,

Just to clarify, by cyst you mean developing follicle, right? It's my understanding, like yours, the BCPs are supposed to prevent these from developing by suppressing FSH, hence preventing ovulation. (and also used to keep FSH down to prevent post-ovulatory CL and hemoraghic cysts from continuing to grow.) However, I know they are not foolproof and sometimes a follicle can still develop, for whatever reason, like if the "timing"¨ of when you started to take it was off. In my personal experience, I have found that EE doesn't seem to keep my FSH down too much, which I find odd. I was taking BCPs a few days prior to surgery for the hemorraghic cyst I had, and they checked my FSH and it was 11?? And my E2 was 60. So, I found that odd; when I take just the EE that Dr. Check gave me, I find that it never really supresses my FSH at all (at least not to the extent it seems that it suppresses some other ladies' FSH), it's never been under 9 on it. Do you know what your FSH and E2 were on CD2 when you started the BCPs? Maybe you had already recruited a follicle and it was still small so it wasn't apparent?

I am curious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience:)

At any rate, I am sorry this happened; I hope this doesn't provide too much of a roadblock for you, it¡¦s so frustrating to get those.

Hugs,
Nancy

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Cyst formation on BCP? - Houston on Oct 9, 2012, 11:41 AM
    1. Re: Cyst formation on BCP? - Nancy on Oct 9, 2012, 2:35 PM
      1. Re: Cyst formation on BCP? - Houston on Oct 10, 2012, 10:23 AM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement