Return to Index  

question about HRT for POF ladies

October 9 2012 at 11:41 AM
pbean  (Login pbean)

Hello,

What advice have you been given about taking hormone replacement therapy for early menopause? (Without making this email too long, I expect to complete menopause before I turn 40). My RE says absolutely, I have to take HRT for my bones. I also get regular screens for breast cancer. (I have found lumps in the past and have a strong family history of getting breast cancer young). The oncologist said I absolutely cannot take HRT, given my family history. I told my RE about this in my next appointment and she pretty much laughed it off. (She actually laughed.) She said that I would take less hormones as compared to someone without POF and with normal cycles in their 40s and that the oncologist was wrong. Both doctors say it is my decision as to which risks I want to take/not take but both doctros seem very determined that they are giving me good advice and the other doctor is giving me bad advice.

Any thoughts?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. The good thing is that you have some time to get another opinion - Anonymous on Oct 9, 2012, 4:31 PM
  3. Re: question about HRT for POF ladies - Jainee on Oct 9, 2012, 4:48 PM
    1. Agree with Jainee - Nadia on Oct 10, 2012, 3:51 AM
      1. thank you for the advice - Anonymous on Oct 10, 2012, 1:04 PM

4. You might consider a genetic counselor - Laura on Oct 10, 2012, 6:01 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement