Return to Index  

Re: RE Appointment Tomorrow

January 2 2016 at 9:34 AM
Houston  (no login)

Response to RE Appointment Tomorrow

Sorry for not responding sooner I haven't been checking the forum much over the holidays. Your FSH is very mildly elevated. I had a similar test my very first FSH reading. With that level, I would move forward with a protocol for poor responders and not worry to much about no fertilization like I had unless you have problems with your first cycle.

I think that lots of meds tends to hurt the quality of the eggs and can lead to poor or no fertilization, but this is usually seen at higher FSH levels than yours (mine was actually higher than 10 but just hadn't tested higher until the middle of my first cycle).

I think a MDL or estrogen priming mid stim protocol would be very appropriate at this stage. If you have problems with egg quality with your first IVF, I would then consider the low dose protocols that I am a fan of using. I just think it's wise to seek more eggs with your FSH level at this point. Unfortunately, you won't know if your like me and have eggs severely impacted by the IVF meds until you go through a cycle.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks Houston - Nonny Muss on Jan 9, 2016, 11:33 AM
    1. Re: Thanks Houston - Kendall on Jan 11, 2016, 7:39 AM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement