Return to Index  

High FSH new here looking for info and support

February 19 2016 at 10:23 AM
Anonymous  (Login Magnoliabush)

Hello, I'm new here and was referred to this site after posting on resolve high FSH board. I guess i'm just gathering some information, support and maybe a little ranting.

I turn 37 in a month
FSH 35.8
AMH .282
Antral follicle count ( number of follicles on day 3 of cycle) 10
Estrodial has always been good

This was my count a year or so ago when we first started IVF

I went through one full cycle of IVF with only two eggs large enough to retrieve. Both fertilized but only grew to 3 and 4 follicles on day 3, both transferred. BFN
Stims were upped and we did another IVF cycle but only one grew so it changed to IUI, BFN
Last protocol was Microdose Lubron and high stims, I did not respond well to stims ( poor responder) so cycle was cancelled and we got the DE talk.

I'm now hearing about mini IVFs or natural IVFs as a better option for high FSHers. Here's where my ranting comes in because if this truly is a better option why didn't my RE suggest this? I even asked about natural IVF cycles because I just didn't want to do all that stimulation. Believe it or not, the nurse actually laughed when I suggested this. At the time I really didn't know any better so I just proceeded with the RE's plan trusting that the she knew better then me, after all i'm not a fertility doctor. Anyway, after the third attempt at IVF was canceled and we got the DE talk I just about had it and wanted nothing else but to feel normal again. That was almost 7 months ago.

I guess I'm wondering now if I should get a second opinion now and try again with an RE who specializes in High FSH and do mini or natural IVF, but maybe I just waited too long, I was just so emotionally and physically drained to move on after all that, but now I'm sure my numbers got worse. My DH wants to try EA but part of me wants to try with my own eggs again and part of me wants to just let it all go and accept i'm done. IS my reality that its too late already?

Does anyone have suggestions or thought? Is it too late for me with my age and number?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: High FSH new here looking for info and support - Houston on Feb 19, 2016, 12:47 PM
  3. Re: High FSH new here looking for info and support - Houston on Feb 19, 2016, 12:50 PM
  5. there is hope - Buddircup on Mar 1, 2016, 1:59 PM
    1. Age? - Kay on Apr 27, 2017, 11:10 PM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement