Return to Index  

Fertility awareness testing: 32 yrs old and concerned...

March 16 2016 at 12:17 PM
Lodi  (Login lodi15)

Hi all,
I'm completely new to the forum and decided to join because of the results of my fertility awareness testing. First my results: AFC 13, FSH 12.7, and my estrogen level at 50. After reviewing some other posts, I realize my situation could be much worse. However, I'm not exactly in the market to get pregnant just yet...although I would love to!

A little about my background...I'm recently divorced from a marriage that lasted really about a month and a half but from an over 10 year relationship. My ex cheated and left me for a coworker without any explanation (other than I realized he has borderline personality disorder). He would rather run from his problems than face them, and I always made him confront them. Anyways, the split happened when I was 30 yrs old. We planned to start a family immediately following our wedding. Now, 2 years later I've met a wonderful man but he is much younger than me (only 24!). We have only been dating about a year now, and although I've known him for years (I'm very good friends with his sister and family), I'm not sure if he's "the one" yet. He knows my situation and understands I want to start a family ASAP under the right circumstances. He's on board but stated he would really like to wait a couple years, and I completely agree. So, with this relationship and my new found test results, I'm in a tough spot. Do I stay with him and try getting pregnant in a couple years, or do I go ahead and use a donor and try sooner. The fertility clinic recommended freezing my eggs, however, its WAY too expensive for me to do anytime soon.

Any advice, stories, or feedback is appreciated! Sorry I went into the personal background but this is a tough situation and definitely not ideal. I want more than anything to have my own children and I'm not sure if waiting is a risk I should take. Thank you!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. hi there - Buddircup on Mar 16, 2016, 1:04 PM
    1. 1000% agree - beg,borrow,steal to freeze your eggs - Sarah in Seattle on May 6, 2016, 10:51 AM

2. freeze - green.elephant on Mar 20, 2016, 8:58 AM
  4. Re: Fertility awareness testing: 32 yrs old and concerned... - Houston on Mar 21, 2016, 7:42 AM
  6. Re: Fertility awareness testing: 32 yrs old and concerned... - Anonymous on Mar 22, 2016, 5:36 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement