Return to Index  

hi there

March 16 2016 at 1:04 PM
Buddircup  (no login)

Response to Fertility awareness testing: 32 yrs old and concerned...

So your numbers look REALLY, REALLY good to the population on a site like this!! I would ask for a retest on FSH to see how it jumps around in a couple cycles to help with the decisions you have ahead. That alone might really help your decision. In any case, the questions that I would consider (after having been around the infertility block a while) are:

Are you ready to have a baby now, possibly alone?
How important is this guy and the relationship? Which begs the question-
Is it worth waiting for him and possibly not being able to have your genetic child if you don't freeze your eggs? That is definitely on the extreme side, but a possibility you should know about. There is no test to say how quickly your fertility will decline but evidence says after age 35 it declines rapidly. Based on your numbers now that could happen sooner, but maybe not? Keep in mind that women not having their own genetic child happens every day (through adoption, egg donation, embryo adoption, but all these options are also generally very expensive). I believe what is more probable is that you will need help from an RE to have a baby in a few years. It may take persistence and will probably include a roller coaster of emotions. Insurance coverage is increasingly rare and so at a minimum right now your best bet is to save $ for this possibility so it will help you feel like you have options if you need them. If you don't need it, you'll have a great nest egg.

That being said I would do everything I could to save up $ and freeze my eggs now. If it works out with your guy you may still be able to get pregnant in a couple years with him and never use them (this would be like a backup plan if having a genetic child is your priority).

I think you are very smart to have went ahead and looked into this now. Unlike many that find themselves here you are lucky to have these numbers and options. Like many here, you are faced with very tough decisions that are emotionally and financially taxing. I wish you the best.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. 1000% agree - beg,borrow,steal to freeze your eggs - Sarah in Seattle on May 6, 2016, 10:51 AM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement