Return to Index  

success mentioned

April 27 2016 at 10:42 AM
Houston  (no login)

Response to A little help please!

Well you definitely have hope. I think anything above 10 is considered high for any age, but 12 is definitely not bad. At 32, my FSH was 18 plus. At 34, my FSH tested 32. I ended up getting pregnant at 32 and then at 36 (1 mth shy of 37) with these numbers. A lot of docs discourage you with high FSH, even just mildly high like your wife's, but it is certainly possible.

I would see a high FSH friendly RE. If you proceed with IVF, you need a protocol for poor responders (you can come back to this board when you get too that point and ask for input). I would probably ask for high FSH friendly REs in your area. This board may be able to give you some suggestions.

I ended up going to CCRM which I believe is the best in the nation. For someone like your wife with mildly elevated FSH, they would probably be excellent for her. It requires travel, but in my opinion, it is well worth it. They are also pricey but do phone consults. I achieved success at CCRM when I was 32. I then tried them again, but failed, went to Cornell (they have great protocols for poor responders) and failed, and went to HFI in Houston and used a Cornell protocol that was tweaked by my doc and had success on a cancelled IVF cycle.

Your wife needs to also have an AMH test and an antral follicle count done which will tell you more about her numbers. However, given what you know so far it seems like you have a good chance if nothing else comes up. It will just take patience and persistence.

Also, if you don't have any issues where IVF is completely necessary, I think it may be worth doing a low dose medicated IUI cycle (like 75 menopur once a day) with a trigger shot. This is what ultimately worked for me when my FSH was 32 plus. I was also eating low dairy and low gluten. Don't know if it had an impact, but it is the only time in my life I did it and was able to get pregnant without IVF so it may be something to consider.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement