New to this please help!May 4 2016 at 3:33 PM
|Ree (Login airly)|
Sorry in advance for the huge post. I'm feeling really lost at the moment and just want to get it all out.
I have been trying to conceive a second child for 5 months. I am 31, hubby is 33 and our daughter is 3.
I went to the doctors a few weeks ago about a lump on my neck I've had for awhile, and it turns out its a thyroid nodule, quite large. My tsh levels were fine so the GP thinks my thyroid function isn't being affected however I am due to see a specialist in a few weeks and will have to have a biopsy. GP said chance of it being benign are 80% however if it is cancer I will likely have to wait another 6 months to start trying for a baby again. In the meantime we have stopped trying while we wait for the specialist appointment.
The GP ordered full bloods and googling the results has made me sick with worry. By chance these were taken on day 3 of my cycle:
The doctor didn't mention anything with these numbers and it was only by googling that I've realised they are too high! What should I do? Wait til after the specialist appointment in another 2 weeks? Start acupuncture in advance and hope the nodule is benign? Go back to the GP and demand a referral to a fertility specialist?
I haven't even mentioned this to hubby yet but I was awake most of last night feeling horrible and anxious. I'm only 31 and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to have #2! Our daughter was conceived without trying so I nerve imagined this lay ahead for me!
- my thoughts MENTS here and in original post - Buddircup on May 5, 2016, 7:30 AM
- Thanks - Ree on May 5, 2016, 3:12 PM
- Re: New to this please help! - Houston on May 9, 2016, 8:08 AM
- success mentioned above - Houston on May 9, 2016, 8:09 AM
- Re: success mentioned above - Houston on May 9, 2016, 8:12 AM
- Thanks again - success mentioned - Ree on May 11, 2016, 8:15 PM
- Pregnancy mentioned - Ree on Sep 5, 2016, 7:37 PM