Return to Index  

High FSH, confused...

May 15 2016 at 1:43 PM
Artemisia in UK  (no login)

Hi all, I got some FSH home testing kits and beat the threshold of 2525mIU/ml. So, a positive result. It was only a urine test so I don't have an accurate number but the result says it will be over 25. I'll re-test next month but I am aware although it fluctuates you really have to go with your highest reading.

This is a perimenopausal reading but I don't want to go to my doctor yet, I want to try to lower it in case he says I'm already finished and I never get a chance at IVF. I can't afford any private treatment or loan repayments but I may be able to afford a one-off payment to get some blood tests privately to get a more accurate result. It looks as though many of the methods for lowering FSH would be good for my overall health. That is as far as my thinking on the medical side goes. I'm so naive. As soon as I started googling about fertility problems I realised there is a whole world of stress and complexity.

I have been thinking I'd like children for a long time but only just started thinking seriously about it. I am with a BF that I love but we have no serious plans, we have only been together six months. Now I'm faced with the idea that I may never have the option of children. He said he was 'open to the idea' of children but only in the right financial situation, which we are not currently. He said 'if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't'. So he may be OK with it but I can't be sure. He is my confidante and I am so desperately sad and confused and want to talk to him about it but I am wondering whether that might not be smart. As I say it's a fairly new relationship but I'll be 37 next month and he is 41.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: High FSH, confused... - Ree on May 16, 2016, 7:55 PM
    1. Thank you for replying - Artemisia in UK on May 17, 2016, 6:50 AM
      1. :( - Ree on May 19, 2016, 3:45 AM
        1. Re: :( - Artemisia in UK on May 19, 2016, 4:55 PM
          1. Re: :( - Ree on Aug 18, 2016, 9:02 PM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement