Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS)May 19 2016 at 8:59 AM
|LROSE (Login LED1215)|
I am gearing up to start IVF in June. Could use a little help and guidance...
Some background (possible MENTS):
I am 35 and have been TTC #2 for approx. 1 year. Had fairly easy time conceiving #1 (who is 2.5), but did have some testing done and all was ok (AMH was in the 2's I believe). After having testing done for #2 more recently at new RE here were my #'s:
AFC: has always been between 12-20
After my first failed Clomid/IUI cycle, my FSH jumped to 15 (this was about 3 weeks after taking Clomid). Has anyone else had this happen? Since then it's been 10 and below. My doc said it was encouraging that I had a good response to Clomid (though did not work) and he didn't necessarily feel my reserve was that low, also based on AMH and AFC. That being said, I am still very concerned about that high FSH.
Has anyone had any experience with a moderately high FSH with all other numbers within normal range? I can't seem to find much information on this situation- it seems that it is less common.
I am currently on short course of BCP (last month did 13 days and they didn't suppress me, plus had a E2 producing cyst). My baseline a few days ago was E2- 38, FSH- 10, AFC- 12 (my lowest to date). Then starting 150 iu Menopur and 225 iu Gonal-F and will then use Ganirelix. Does this sound like a typical protocol?
- Re: Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS) - Houston on May 20, 2016, 8:05 AM
- Re: Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS) - LED1215 on May 20, 2016, 11:45 AM
- Above posted was me - LROSE on May 20, 2016, 12:41 PM
- Re: Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS) - Houston on May 23, 2016, 7:26 AM
- Schedule for hydrosalphinx surgery - may on Jun 7, 2016, 10:33 PM
- Schedule for hydrosalphinx surgery - may on Jun 7, 2016, 10:34 PM
- Re: Schedule for hydrosalphinx surgery - Houston on Jun 8, 2016, 7:48 AM