Return to Index  

Re: Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS)

May 20 2016 at 8:05 AM
Houston  (no login)

Response to Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS)

What was your estrogen when you had the lower FSH reading? I ask because high estrogen can suppress FSH. I had at one point normal FSH readings (or sort of, about 10, once even 5, but had a very high reading on my Clomid Challenge test). I had very low reserve, and ultimately ended up having much higher FSH readings. My AMH was much lower than yours though (.4 initially, then .28)

It sounds like you may have decreasing reserve, but not that bad. Your AMH seems good, which is encouraging. Your protocol I have not used, but it is lower dose, which I am a fan of using. Based on your higher FSH reading, the BCP may suppress you, but your reading was not that high, so I believe it is appropriate to use them your first go around to see. For me, BCP were the only things that worked to suppress cyst.

It sounds like you will not really know how you will respond until you give it a try. I would just make sure that your doctors lab is really great. If you have trouble the first time around, I would make sure your doc treats poor responders.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS) - LED1215 on May 20, 2016, 11:45 AM
    1. Above posted was me - LROSE on May 20, 2016, 12:41 PM
    2. Re: Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS) - Houston on May 23, 2016, 7:26 AM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement