Return to Index  

Re: where to go from here?

July 25 2016 at 7:50 AM
Houston  (no login)

Response to where to go from here?

You are so young, I believe you have a relatively good chance with even one egg. I also agree with the comments on egg freezing at your young age. Yes, your FSH is high so your battle is with the numbers.

Just because you only respond with one egg doesn't mean you should not be a candidate for IVF. You need a high FSH friendly clinic. I used one in Houston, Houston IVF, in addition to Cornell and CCRM. Given your proximity to Cornell and Dr. Davis, my thoughts are to try him out. He is extremely knowledgeable. It will likely take multiple tries to get the correct protocol for you, and it is definitely hard and expensive, but I believe worth it to keep trying.

I had success on a microdose Lupron med-high stim protocol when I was 32 with an FSH of 18. I had success again 1 mth shy of my 37th birthday with an FSH of over 32 (I had it tested 2 years prior when my response was much better). The approach that worked for me the last time (I tried many, many protocols) was a microdose-lupron protocol with estrogen patches plus 75 menopur, plus growth hormone for quality. This was Dr. Davis protocol (the growth hormone was added by my local doctor). I really favor this low stim approach. I had one follicle, my local doc was willing to proceed with IVF, but I decided to convert to timed intercourse and it worked. I was also doing a low gluten, low dairy diet for 3 mths and taking Vitamin D and coQ10 supplements.

For you, maybe you should try the low stim approach with IUI a couple of tries if you decide not to go the egg freezing route. There are tons of high FSH friendly docs if you look through this board. The only thing is they may require significant travel.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement