Return to Index  

Success mentioned

November 16 2016 at 7:43 AM
Houston  (no login)

Response to Run, don't walk, to another clinic! (Success, m/c ment)

I agree with Erin. Your FSH is high, but not so high that you should not be able to use your own eggs.

I had two successes, 1 when I was 32 with an FSH of 18 and 1 at 37 with an FSH that tested 32 two years prior (I suspect it was actually much higher than 32 when I got pregnant). I used CCRM for my first success and was successful on IVF number 2. I tried again with CCRM twice, once at Cornell, then tried several times locally at HFI (only 1 IVF, but several cancelled cycles) and conceived on a cancelled cycle (I took the meds, but did not proceed with IVF b/c I had only 1 egg). So, don't be too discouraged by RMA, just know it is in uphill battle. I have never had a doctor not give me the donor egg talk.

I would consult with Davis at Cornell over the phone. I used his protocol for my last success and just had a local doctor at HFI implement the protocol (although he added his own tweaks to it). I would prepare for IVF find a good DOR clinic and lab, but if you have the funds, if you could find a local doctor that is good with DOR, I would have the doctor run some low dose stim protocols on you asap and try IUI. It seems you can get pregnant on your own and often patients with DOR embryos seem to be a little more fragile (not everyone). I'm not saying don't do IVF, just to do IUI in the meantime while you are waiting on IVF.

I would set up multiple appointments with multiple docs. I think with DOR, it is always best to have multiple plans in the works, so there is no delay between switching doctors, clinics, etc. since time is of the essence.

Also, you may want to post on the over 40 board because it has more traffic. All ages are welcome. I have been posting on that board for years and just turned 40 this year.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Success mentioned - Beth Ann on Nov 16, 2016, 10:11 AM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement