Return to Index  

supplements, supplements and mores supplements. help!

December 30 2016 at 11:52 PM
indi  (Login hopefulidealist)

hello everyone!

i am new to the board and i haven't fully search past posts so forgive me if this is redundant. i think everyone is taking their own cocktail of supplements but i would appreciate your opinions while my re is away for the holidays and my nurse is somewhat inept.

i had gotten the green light to take:
vitamin d (1000iu 2x daily)
fish oil (680mg 2x daily)
NAC (500mg 2x daily -recommended for anxiety by my therapist but also positive effect on fertility)
melatonin (5-10mg)

my first cycle went better than expected with quite a few more folicals and mature eggs than expected (we were expecting 1-2 and we got 6!) but none made it to day 5. re believes that it is due to egg quality and suggested adding co-q-10 (200mg) and DHEA (25mg 2x daily).

further research suggested that the following could also be beneficial so i added them recently:
zinc
b complex
l-arginine
magnesium

i have held off on additional iron (i am anemic due fibroid symptoms), inositol and selenium + e complex.

my regular gyno is not concerned with my supplement coctail and neither is my acupuncturist.

Is this too much?? i feel like i spend my days taking supplements and i am afraid of interactions that may be counterproductive. selenium and vitamin e seem great but come with high risks. i am a little afraid of taking them. i think i will end up adding the iron since i have a deficiency but i am unsure about inositol.

all opinions welcome.

thanks!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: supplements, supplements and mores supplements. help! - Ree on Jan 1, 2017, 1:43 AM
    1. Re: supplements, supplements and mores supplements. help! - Ree on Jan 1, 2017, 1:52 AM

2. success mentioned - Houston on Jan 6, 2017, 7:19 AM
  4. reduce DHEA to 25mg and avoid GMO food - hi on Jan 17, 2017, 6:20 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement