Return to Index  

Re: supplements, supplements and mores supplements. help!

January 1 2017 at 1:43 AM
Ree  (Login airly)

Response to supplements, supplements and mores supplements. help!

Argh just lost my reply to you! Sorry but here is the shortened version:

I highly recommend the book "It Starts with the Egg: How the Science of Egg Quality Can Help You Get Pregnant Naturally, Prevent Miscarriage, and Improve Your Odds in IVF". Only a few bucks on amazon if you have a kindle. Author has specific information for high FSH ladies such as ourselves and goes in to a lot of detail on current research on supplements. Overall, with supplements less is more.

The best for high FSH:

DHEA - highly recommenced by author. Some science still coming out regarding it but initial findings are very promising. Personally I took it, I found 25mg every day to make me feel a bit aggro and emotional, but taking it every third day was perfect. Would take it again just for the energy boost! Hard to get where I live (Australia)

Co enzyme Q10 - Must be the ubiquinol version. 200mg the recommended amount but it does get pricey.

Melatonion - only recommended to IVF cycles as it can mess up natural cycles.

Resonable to take:

I would definitely take iron if you are deficient, look in to good liquid formula that was be well tolerated. Not sure on American brands but here we have a few good ones that work pretty fast. My acupuncturist was more concerned with my low iron than my FSH! Fish oil and Vit D, along with other usual vitamins such as calcium, zinc etc are likely to only be worth it in the case of a deficiency. I would consider scrapping them and just having a general prenatal to be honest.

Not recommended:
l-arginine or similar stuff mentioned online like mica, bee pollen etc. Studies have been done and shown these are not effective and can be detrimental.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: supplements, supplements and mores supplements. help! - Ree on Jan 1, 2017, 1:52 AM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement