Return to Index  

Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol IVF

January 22 2017 at 1:55 AM
Penny  (Login pingpong77)

Hello everyone. So glad I found this forum.

A quick background. I'm 39. Started IVF at 38.
My day 3 FSH is between 7.1 and 10.5.
My day 3 LH is between 5.0 and 4.6.

I've done 4 IVF cycles.

First cycle was long down reg with synarel and 300 IU gonal f and 75 luveris. Gonal F was increased to 450 IU on day 8. Day 10 showed 8 follicles, but only 2 eggs retrieved, both icsi'd and both transferred on day 3, BFN.

Second cycle was long down reg. We used 450 IU Gonal F and we added growth hormone and 75 IU luveris. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilised with icsi, 6 were still around on day 3. 2 transferred and 4 frozen. BFN. 1 FET of 2 embryos was BFN and the other two were transported to another FS and thawed and tried to grow to day 5, but they arrested on day 4.

Third cycle was an antagonist, but on this cycle my day 3 FSH was 10.5 and LH was 4.6. I was given 600 IU puregon along with high dose of growth hormone and luveris. Unfortunately, we had severely scattered egg growth that I lost a few at the time. 8 follicles resulted in only 2 eggs and after icsi'd, they both arrested on day 4.

Fourth cycle was long down reg. 7 follicles, but very high dose of FSH (600 IU Gonal F), growth hormone, 150 IU Luveris daily which resulted in 2 eggs. Both fertilised with icsi and only one made it to day 5, but grade was 4CC. It's frozen. My LH every day on this cycle never went beyond 0.7. My FS fried my eggs and then tried to tell me that I had very bad quality eggs and I should go down the donor path.

Moved onto a much better FS who agreed to trial me on the estrogen primed antagonist protocol.

4mg progynova started 7 days after LH rise.
Day 1 FSH was 5 and LH was 1.2
Day 2 FSH was 6 and LH was 2.0.

I started 300 IU Gonal F on day 2. It's only day 4 today.

My friend did the estrogen primed antagonist protocol and her day 1 FSH was 1.0 and LH was 0.1.

Anyone know why my FSH only got down to 5 on day 1? Do you think an increase in estrogen would drop that FSH even lower?

My FSH to LH ratio is usually 1:2 (sign of diminished ovarian reserve), so I am surprised my FSH and LH didn't drop much further.

My AMH is 7.0 pmol/l OR 0.98 ng/mL. I didn't think my AMH was that bad, but my old FS (who completedly

My friend succeeded with the estrogen primed antagonist protocol and her starting day 3 FSH was 13. Anyone know why my FSH on day 1 after 7 days on estrogen was only 5? Is that a good number or should it be much lower on this type of protocol?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol IVF - Houston on Jan 23, 2017, 7:23 AM
    1. Re: Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol IVF - Penny on Jan 24, 2017, 12:47 AM
      1. Re: Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol IVF - Houston on Jan 24, 2017, 7:26 AM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement