POF/POI success stories??April 11 2017 at 2:08 PM
|SugaBoogie (Login SugaBoogie)|
I got the devastating POI diagnosis about a month ago, and suspected I could've had this about 3-6 months prior to my diagnosis. I am currently 37 and have tried to get pregnant for almost 2 years. In April 2015, my labs were great, HSG was normal, AMH was 3.8 ng/mL, FSH 7 mIU/mL, estradiol 69 pg/mL. Until August 2016, I had normal periods (27-29 days). But over the last 6 months my periods have become increasing irregular (43 days, 49 days, 32 days, etc). I took Provera to induce a bleed and had a period at around 57 days.
Last month, my antral follicle count was low, 3 eggs in one ovary and 1 in the other. Day 3 labs showed my FSH was 62 mIU/mL, AMH is 0.4 ng/mL, and estrogen is 55 ng/mL. I do have a history of an autoimmune condition (nonspecific or mixed connective tissue disorder) but it hasn’t been active in almost 10 years and in the past it never caused symptoms like this before. The RE is puzzled because she's never seen a case like mine where fertility declines so rapidly in 6 months.
Around Feb 2017, I started acupuncture, acupressure, meditation and taking Chinese herbs from the acupuncturist. In mid-March, one of my follicles started growing! I did an IUI with and ovidrel trigger shot and we washed DH's sperm last week. I'm in my TWW and I pray to God it worked. But on the off chance it doesn't work, what hope do I have if I want to use my eggs?
Like you all here, I'm devastated by this news and searching for a good supportive network. All my friends have kids and/or pregnant. I feel so embarassed and ashamed of my POI. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I am. I can't bear to tell anyone else about what's going on.
I'm so glad I came across this website. DH and I are considering going to NY to see Dr. Braverman and Reproductive Immunologist to help to get us pregnant with my eggs. Has anyone ever been a patient of his? We are from Northern Ca, but are willing to travel to see anyone who can help us.
- Re: POF/POI success stories?? - SugaBoogie on Apr 11, 2017, 2:10 PM
- success mentioned - Houston on Apr 13, 2017, 11:04 AM
- Thank you! - SugaBoogie on Apr 13, 2017, 2:23 PM
- Re: Thank you! - Houston on Apr 17, 2017, 1:22 PM
- Great info, thank you Houston - SugaBoogie on Apr 17, 2017, 2:22 PM
- Re: POF/POI success stories?? - Anonymous on Apr 13, 2017, 11:07 AM
- ??? - SugaBoogie on Apr 13, 2017, 2:05 PM
- Re: ??? - Anonymous on Apr 13, 2017, 6:49 PM
- Whatever - SugaBoogie on Apr 14, 2017, 7:17 AM
- Re: Whatever - Anonymous on Apr 14, 2017, 9:07 AM
- Ok you hateful wich - SugaBoogie on Apr 14, 2017, 10:09 AM
- Re: Ok you hateful wich - Anonymous on Apr 14, 2017, 2:49 PM
- ??? - SugaBoogie on Apr 17, 2017, 6:48 AM
- ??? - SugaBoogie on Apr 14, 2017, 10:11 AM
- Re: ??? - Houston on Apr 17, 2017, 1:24 PM
- Re: ??? - SugaBoogie on Apr 17, 2017, 2:23 PM
- Re: POF/POI success stories?? - Kay on Apr 28, 2017, 5:58 PM
- Re: POF/POI success stories?? - Kay on Apr 28, 2017, 5:59 PM