Return to Index  

success mentioned

April 13 2017 at 11:04 AM
Houston  (no login)

Response to POF/POI success stories??

Good luck with this cycle! I suspect your FSH was elevated when you previously had it tested as your estrogen was a little elevated. If your estrogen was elevated, it would have artificially pushed your FSH lower.

I had an FSH of 32 a little over two years before I had success at the age of 36--just shy of 37. My AFC was lower than yours, and I think that is more predictive than FSH levels. Plus, your AMH is not that bad (mine was .4 when I had success when I was 32, it was .28 when I had success the second time around).

In my experience, the thing that seems to help with people with very high FSH is low dose protocols. I feel the higher dose protocols do not result in more eggs and it seems to adversely impact the quality. I ended up doing a low dose protocol (one used by Dr. Davis at Cornell) of 75 mg of menopur daily. It was a MDL and estrogen priming protocol. I actually responded with only one egg, so I cancelled the cycle, but still took the trigger shot. I ended up getting pregnant without IVF that cycle. It seems to me a lot of times doing a low dose protocol with a trigger shot and IUI is best for people with real high FSH.

I don't have experience with Braverman, just Davis. I am a huge fan of Davis' protocols. I used a modified version of his protocol and had Dr. Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute make changes to it. He add growth hormone as well. I was also taking coQ10 and high doses of Vitamin D at the time of success. I don't know if they had an impact or not.

I would also post on the over 40 board because it is more active (you don't really have to be over 40 to post).

Have you thought about seeing Dr. Y at Life? I don't have personal experience with him, but I read numerous stories on the over 40 board about him and he is in CA.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thank you! - SugaBoogie on Apr 13, 2017, 2:23 PM
    1. Re: Thank you! - Houston on Apr 17, 2017, 1:22 PM
      1. Great info, thank you Houston - SugaBoogie on Apr 17, 2017, 2:22 PM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement