Return to Index  

Experiences with DHEA

April 28 2017 at 5:47 PM
Kay  (Login K39)

I was just wondering if anyone has had supplemented with DHEA and noticed changes in their cycle?

I started taking DHEA last cycle (50 mg micronised). Based on by BBT charts, last cycle I ovulated day 13 with a luteal phase of 13 days.

This cycle I ovulated on day 14 and was expecting a 27 or 28 day cycle, so was surprised when my temperatures fell and I started bleeding last night 8 dpo (i.e. 22 day cycle).

I had a series of short cycles late last year (23-24 days) and I was not charting my BBT at the time, but based on OPKs I suspect it was a shorter follicular phase that was causing the short cycles, not the luteal phase.

I am now wondering if I should have had my DHEA tested before I started taking it? When I asked my RE about DHEA, she said "there was no evidence that it works but I could try it if I wanted to" but did not suggest blood testing first.

I had blood tests of all my hormones undertaken yesterday, which unfortunately I thought would provide me with information on my mid luteal phase progesterone level, but now as it turns out was the end of my cycle.

I am seeing a practitioner in orthomolecular medicine to had blood tests to look at all of my hormone levels, including thyroid.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement