Return to Index  

That's not menopause! (Success, children, pg, m/c ment)

June 8 2017 at 6:32 AM
Erin  (no login)

Response to Re: High FSH

Hi Amanda-
I posted to you on the other board before you wrote this message. Your AMH absolutely does not mean you're in menopause! It likely means you have less eggs than most women your age but that's very different. The definition of menopause (which your OB should know very well) is greater than 12 months in a row without menstruation. AMH has nothing to do with that. I was diagnosed with high FSH at 31 or 32yo. My AMH was undetectable. Since then I have had 1 child, 2 early miscarriages (likely completely unrelated to my FSH) and I am due any day with my 2nd child at 38yo. It certainly wasn't as easy as it would have been without high FSH but I've achieved 4 pregnancies and 2 children after being told I was hopeless at 32. Early intervention by a doctor who knows about high FSH is key! I've seen many people come and go on these boards over the years, and I definitely notice that the younger women who get help early by and large tend to be successful. Best of luck!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement