Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Good luck with the shot tonight.
    • KarenGH (Login krgh)
      Posted Mar 9, 2011 6:21 PM

I totally understand your feelings about the IM shot. I am in awe of the women on here that give it to themselves. I don't think I could do that. For the longest time, I had my DH doing my SQ shots as well. But after a really weird cycle following a retrieval cycle, I ended up with elevated LH and despite my body's attempt to surge, it looked like the follicle didn't do a good job (lowish P4 and E2 started going back up instead of dropping for a few days). We were in the middle of a hurricane coming and my DH had to leave to go help his mom who was going to be in the eye of the storm. So, I was on my own and that is when I did the SQ HCG shot. It worked and my hormones did what they were supposed to at that point. I think if we had left things without the trigger, I would have had a cyst at the baseline of the next cycle.

I also understand your feeling about dealing with docs other than Dr. Check. It never hurts to question things if you feel like you should be doing something else. But I think in this case it is a judgement call that even Dr. Check might make.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)