Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • ARGH!
    • Katie (Login KatieMay)
      Posted Jun 16, 2011 4:17 PM

This makes me soooooo mad Sarita!! If you take a look at any of the general IVF boards, you see women all the time with egg counts in the teens and 20's. That is NOT DOR. I think it is CRAZY for anyone to say that it is!!! With 7 embryos making it all the way to blast!!! That is amazing!
      So I just don't get it...I have yet to hear a decent explanation for why women with high FSH can't get pg naturally if they are making mature eggs every month. Honestly? I think that as soon as doc's see "high FSH" they just assume that it is DOR or poor egg quality. The fact is that someone like you, with lots of good quality eggs, doesn't fit their diagnosis. You should probably just be in the category of "unexplained infertility" but i know that most docs would prefer to tell you that they have the answers instead of saying that it is "unexplained." Now, it's possible that you have a little bit of endo in your tubes or some other problem that results in egg not meeting sperm. And in fact, there are many reasons why a woman can produce a mature egg and have it not be fertilized (hostile cervical fluids, undiagnosed MF...or some eggs just aren't "caught" to get pulled into the fallopian tubes). But none of these things have anything to do with high FSH.

Some women definitely have DOR. And in fact, when fsh gets really high (30,40,50) it does seem to correlate with diminished reserve. But for the women who have moderately high elevations, I'm not so sure that it means anything!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)