Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • My Insurance has E2 and FSH Requirement...do my results indicate I will get denied??
    • Rose (no login)
      Posted Aug 14, 2011 2:54 PM

Hi Anon and anyone else that might be able to chime in.

My insurance does have E2 and FSH requirement. E2 must be
      I have heard Tufts is very strict and I want to be prepared for a rejection incase this is what ends up happening.

Below is a copy/paste of IVF coverage rules under my insurance

a ART is a covered benefit for females who demonstrate infertility as a disease, and or whom fertility is otherwise expected as a natural state (e.g. women
      (Note: Clomiphene Citrate Challenge Test (CCCT) needs to be completed annually with the day 3 FSH test repeated every 6 months for any woman > 40 years of age.)

b. Age related infertility is not a covered benefit, and is demonstrated by an abnormal CCCT in women > age 40. This is defined by:

1) Cycle Days 3 and/or 10 FSH levels >15 mIU/ml and/or the day 3 Estradiol Level >80pg/mL (for women age 40 and 41). or
      2) Cycle Days 3 and/or 10 FSH levels >12 mIU/ml and/or the day 3 Estradiol level >80 pg/mL (for women age >42).

c. ART using a woman¡¯s own eggs continues to be the treatment of choice for women
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)