Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • If stress/depression causes POF, then antidepressants would be good...
    • Erin (no login)
      Posted Dec 5, 2011 10:16 AM

I don't know whether or not it's true that severe stress and depressions causes (or perhaps just doesn't help) POF, but if it does, I think the reasoning would be the same as it is as for why some believe stress and depression make auto-immune conditions worse- many believe it's due to essentially over-active "fight or flight" response that essentially activates some hormones that can be damaging (this is a simplified explanation for something I don't think is fully understood). But I think that if depression does negatively affect DOR/POF, antidepressants would HELP, not harm. They (along with therapy and meditation) work to treat these issues, and I can't imagine how they would cause or make POF worse, but I can see how they would make help the situation, if they have any affect at all. Antidepressants work VERY differently than BCPs, so I would be careful not to put the two in the same category. It is so hard, and I know we all want answers but many people really need antidepressants, and I really don't want anyone to think that taking them may worsen/cause POF as medically, I don't see how that would be the case.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)