Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Teresa
    • Mrs. A (no login)
      Posted Feb 18, 2012 9:48 PM

First, thank you for writing up your history and wow. I know when I had asked you to give me some background, I said sorry if doing so would dredge up bad memories but I had no idea. Not only am I so sorry about your losses but what happened with your DH, the attack, that is horrific. I'm so truly sorry you've endured that.

Secondly, about this posthttp://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/message/1329562705/MRS+A+YOU+NAILED+IT

yeah, it's just what made sense to me as I sort of talked through it in my head and typed. He may be thinking that your losses are a combo of fertilizing an immature egg and/or lack of progesterone. Maybe the fact that you've seen h/b with 3 out of the 4 leads him to think that the losses could be tied to either one or both of these issues. I don't know - that's really for him to answer.

Going back to your history post. You are correct that C;heck's "thing" is progesterone. He will always push for that. One of, (maybe even first), studies was related to progesterone to support pregnancy. He may have even given this one to you in the pile of handouts. happy.gif All I can tell you on that front is that if there's anyone who knows progesterone and the importance of it, it's C.heck. Btw, once PG I had a lot of issues with my P4, (per Cooper standards), and he was concerned about me going into pre-term labor. He "ordered" that I remain on P4 support through week 37 of my pregnancy. I stopped it early at 25 weeks. I went into pre-term labor at week 36. So do I think he knows a thing or 2 about P4? Based on my personal experience, oh yeah. I shudder to think what could have happened if I'd stopped my P4 in those early weeks like my jackass OB recommended.

As for having a bad taste in your mouth because he didn't look at your records. Don't take it personal. I know you feel like your history warrants him physically looking at your file (and he probably should!) but honestly, his MO is to hear you out on your story. You told him you had 4 losses and endo, right? That's enough for him; he doesn't feel like he needs to literally look at a surgery report that details the removal of the endo. But if you feel bad about it, mention it the next time you speak with him. Ask him why he doesn't review your records.

In a prior post you asked my thoughts about whether you should just go straight to IVF given your age. That's a hard choice. I hear you LOUD and CLEAR on the age factor. It's why I was moving on to donor egg at age 39 and 2 months. What I say is give yourself the benefit of a couple of timed intercourse cycles and if it doesn't work then jump to IVF. I say this because your DH has a great SA and you have a history of being able to get PG naturally and carry those PGs to the point of a h/b. But only you know how much of this you can stand. You can do 1 or 2 TI cycles and then move to IVF or just go straight there if you can't bear another month.

Sorry I took so long to respond.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)