Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • For those w/ experience w/ Ethynl and IVF
    • NancyMN (no login)
      Posted Mar 1, 2012 9:31 AM

Well, my excitement below about IVF#1 seems to be very shortlived indeed. I went in today on CD7, and there were only two very tiny follicles (less than 4mm). I am still waiting for b/w, but I expect E2 to be pretty low since my lining is so thin and no follicles. I started doing low-stim injections 2 days ago, so I don't understand why this is happening...which leads me to my question. They told me to take Ethynl at the same time as the injections...can this be right? Is that "normal" to take Ethynil at the same time you do injections for min stim IVF?? I thought Ethynil was meant to supress FSH and your ovaries...I get the part about adding it in to surpress your own body's natural FSH, but wouldn't it also be supressing the ovary at the same time if you are doing injections? I did a lot of searching about this (it's kind of hard because it's often mispelled), but I did find some people talking about how it surpressed them and nothing grew. I think I am going to stop taking it but I also know that they must know what they are doing, right? Is the idea that something will just "pop up?" I have never had such small follicles on CD7, and never after doing 2 days of stims...

For any of you who have taken EE, did you also take it while doing low-stim injections for IVF? Or did you stop when you started injections?

I am pretty bummed...every time I turn around there seems to be another roadblock to getting this started. It's very disheartening sad.gif
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement