Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Ah...this makes sense..and What Schoolcraft says about Fibroids
    • DeeinNYC (no login)
      Posted Mar 13, 2012 4:28 PM

I was starting to think that Dr. G was really losing it so I'm glad to see that she did not say that this fibroid was on the outside of your uterus. . Just an FYI..I pulled out Schoolcraft's (of CCRM fame) book to refresh my memory as to what he had to say about fibroids as it affects fertility. Bottom line..he said that intramural fibroids like your MAY affect fertility. Specifically...this is what he says:

"Fibroids inside of the uterine cavity (submucosal) have been shown clearly to have a negative effect on IVF outcomes. They also increase the risk of miscarriage and are associated with an increased incidence of abnormal bleeding. Fibroids inside of the wall of the uterus (intramural) that distort the uterine cavity may also have this effect. Other types of fibroids may cause symptoms, but do not appear to affect fertility or embryo implantation."

He goes on to say:

"The mere presence of a fibroid does not mean that it is the cause of infertility or that it should be removed. However, those that do compromise fertility should be dealt with quickly: if they are, chances are excellent for a successful pregnancy."

I think you need to know how and in what manner if it all the fibroid is distorting your uterus. If I remember correctly, Dr. B said that this fibroid was taking up a good deal of space in your uterus. I would have someone else take a look and maybe have Dr. B take a look again.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)