Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: The good thing about low E2 (estrogen)- success ment.
    • (no login)
      Posted Mar 18, 2012 6:12 PM

Hi thanks.

I am newly 45. My RE won't do IVF on a 45 year old. I have been TTC one month.

I had day one numbers I posted and day three. I started spotting the night before of the day 1 but was only full flow on day 1 so that is why I put it as day 1 and not day 2.

If I do a medicated cycle it will be timed intercourse or IUI only. RE has suggested menopur, femara HCG trigger for the first attempt.

I do ovulate and have been tracking it for two months now. I seem to O on day 12 or 13. My cycles are regular and are 27 days.

I posted on the over 40 FSH board (I didn't know there was one until AFTER I posted here) that I am very tempted to come to NYC and go to New Hope or SIRM.

MY RE (and another one a different practice) felt like at my age that the numbers produced by these low stim/EZ stim IVF for the over 45 year old crowd is akin to taking money from patients.

I realize ALL of this is a leap of faith but I am truly at a loss of how to make any of this my best effort and when to draw the line at TTC.

I do NOT want to spend the next year NOT feeling good and messing with my cycles and reproductive health in a non productive manner just because some doctor is not really super supportive of the patient in my age range. I also do NOT want to be driving myself crazy trying to coordinate complex fertility tx that are a plane ride away only to find that the data truly does not support the tx.

What a dilemma.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)