Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: The good thing about low E2 (estrogen)- success ment.
    • (no login)
      Posted Mar 18, 2012 6:12 PM

Hi thanks.

I am newly 45. My RE won't do IVF on a 45 year old. I have been TTC one month.

I had day one numbers I posted and day three. I started spotting the night before of the day 1 but was only full flow on day 1 so that is why I put it as day 1 and not day 2.

If I do a medicated cycle it will be timed intercourse or IUI only. RE has suggested menopur, femara HCG trigger for the first attempt.

I do ovulate and have been tracking it for two months now. I seem to O on day 12 or 13. My cycles are regular and are 27 days.

I posted on the over 40 FSH board (I didn't know there was one until AFTER I posted here) that I am very tempted to come to NYC and go to New Hope or SIRM.

MY RE (and another one a different practice) felt like at my age that the numbers produced by these low stim/EZ stim IVF for the over 45 year old crowd is akin to taking money from patients.

I realize ALL of this is a leap of faith but I am truly at a loss of how to make any of this my best effort and when to draw the line at TTC.

I do NOT want to spend the next year NOT feeling good and messing with my cycles and reproductive health in a non productive manner just because some doctor is not really super supportive of the patient in my age range. I also do NOT want to be driving myself crazy trying to coordinate complex fertility tx that are a plane ride away only to find that the data truly does not support the tx.

What a dilemma.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement