Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: So scary!!!
    • Teresa (no login)
      Posted Apr 18, 2012 8:49 AM

Hi Laura,

Laparoscopic surgery is much less invasive and less recovery time. It is much easier to recover from a laparoscopy than from a huge incision in the abdomen. And not for nothing but I have no kids and really am NOT happy about having to have a c-section scar on my stomach wtih no baby to show for it. It's just a slap in my face. To me. Some may feel differently....so- not sure if that makes sense, but to me- it just does.

Its a contraversial decision even to the best doctors. To do it laparoscopically or to do it abdominally. Some say that by doing it abdominally, the surgeon can better suture the uterine wall. However, there is a greater risk of infection and scar tissue this way. Some studies show its better to do abdominally if you want to preserve your fertility and newer studies show it makes no difference. It is a VERY tough call and a huge burden for me to bear knowing at the end of the day, I will have to be the one to make the call. That is what is most draining, in all of this. The choices to be made.

Whether I get laparoscopic OR abdominal myomectomy- I cannot try to have a baby for at least 3 months. It sucks, but I've made my peace with it and I refuse to cry anymore over this. It is what it is. I'm 40 in 4 months. And the reality is, I may never be a mother and I am at the point where I have accepted that. Is it what I wanted, no. But life is to be lived without depression and crying and obsessing and being miserable. I just want to live my life not crying every day and I have been doing much better at that by taking some time off from all of this. So, bring on the surgery- I want to do it and I want to heal and I want to feel well! XOXO

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)