Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Pregnancy and breastfeeding
    • ekb88 (Login ekb88)
      Posted Jun 9, 2012 3:45 AM

Are protective for ovarian cancer. So is being on the pill. (my mom had it so I keep track of this stuff)

I would imagine these facts would make it harder to study possible risk increases from fertility treatments. Someone without fertility problems is likely to be pg earlier, and use the pill for bc for longer than someone who spends years trying to get pg and ends up with fertility treatments.

With my family history, this stuff is a concern to me. I still did several ivf's though. For someone without a family history, I think it's something to be aware of, but I don't know if it would have changed my treatment plan.

The problem with oc is there is currently no good early detection test. Yale came up with a multiple protein marker test, but it is not yet FDA approved. I'd keep an eye out for that one in years to come if you are really worried. I wish they'd approve it for high-risk populations like myself at least.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)