Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • E2 below 20 after 12 days on estinyl!! Scared....
    • Sara Q (no login)
      Posted Jul 19, 2012 7:05 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm attempting to start my first low-stim IVF with Co.oper this month. (I've done 4 high stim IVFs...always get embryos, they never stick.)

I usually have HIGH e2 on cd3, although lately it's been pretty much normal. I also stim fast and almost always have a dominant follicle. So Cooper wanted me to start taking estinyl about 5 days before AF to try and even out the follicular growth.

But AF was irregular this month (hopefully b/c of the lap I had in April) and I ended up taking estinyl for 9 days before AF officially came on Tuesday. I went in for blood work and u/s today and my fsh was 8.7 (ok, but higher than it's been when not taking estinyl lately) and my e2 was LESS THAN 20, so it actually went down from the blood work I had on Monday, one day before my real period...(I was spotting, so they were trying to figure out what the deal was.)

When I got the news, of course, C.ooper was closed and, of course, I flipped out. Dear, kind Erin talked me down off the ledge and helped me understand that all is not necessarily lost and I won't (necessarily)drop into menopause tomorrow.

But I still don't understand why the e2 is sooo low, considering I normally have much higher e2. Could I be over-supressed by the estinyl? How can they tell if I am? (They saw 7 follies on the u/s today, all under 10, the biggest at 6.8). The nurse at Co.oper said that I was going to start stims when my e2 was at 60....so I figured it would just go up, not DOWN! And what will they do now? Have me keep taking the estinyl and hope my e2 naturally goes up? But what if I'm over-suppressed?

Has anyone gone through this with Co.oper? What did you/they do?

I really didn't miss IVF.....sigh. wink.gif It is so nerve-wrecking!!

Thanks so much,
      Sara

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement