Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Introduction..Just got the news. (m/c? mentioned,POF)
    • (Login LoveNeverEnds)
      Posted Jul 20, 2012 7:08 AM

Hello all. Welp. I just got my 2nd blood test back from Army doctors with a big fat FSH 75 at 32 yrs of age. He gave me the diagnosis of POF. The "good" news is that my ovaries look good with follies, so I may be able to save what little eggs I have left as long as I'm as aggressive as possible in making that happen or go DE or GC..otherwise I'll need to start HRT. He even used the term "cause you are going to start rapidly aging and getting all wrinkly (including hand gestures around the face)" Really, guy?! I don't care about my dang face..I care about being able to have a baby!

Needless to say, his bedside manner was atrocious AND he had an intern in there to witness the worst news I've ever heard in my life. Yes, I know things could always be worse..and I'm not throwing in the towel...but the thought of never holding a baby to my breast just devastates me.

I haven't had a period since Feb. and in March, they incorrectly gave me a positive HCG pregnancy blood test. SOOOO I waited 10 weeks to find out that I had no baby growing in there...Devastation...they did follow up blood work...said I could be possibly pregnant again...did another ultrasound weeks later...NO baby. WTF?!? All that time..I have been steadily (according to this doc) slipping into pre menopause with that horrible "failure" word included. So neither of the 2 FSH tests were taken at any specific cycle day..cause I'm not cycling. I went off BCP last year...didn't start until 4ths later..then stupidly went back on for a month...then off again..had normal periods for 2 months..than BAM! 2 periods in Jan. and one very light one at the end of Feb. then nada...

My TSH is low and all of my other levels are in the "normal" range. I go back next month to see if things have changed. I don't have my stats with me right now, but I'd be happy to post and see what you think. I'd truly appreciate your knowledge since I'm new to this.

So he referred me to a REI in Jacksonville, which is the closest with nearby family to stay with..So I can't wait to see the RE to run all the tests needed. Atlanta is do-able, as well. What are your RE recommendations?

I'm Active Duty so Tricare won't pay for ART. Is there any hope with FSH 74/75 and no periods? I know I was under a tremedous amount of stress when they told me I was " pregnant"..I was days away from deploying to Stan.

I since started Yoga. I don't drink or smoke. I have to work out. Found an TCM/acupunturist...just need to set up appt.

SORRY SO LONG!! I'm so glad I found this support forum.

I'm struggling, ladies.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement