Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Very good questions....
    • Sara Q (no login)
      Posted Aug 6, 2012 9:21 PM

Hey Nancy,

These are very good questions! I'll try to do my best to answer them one by one so I don't forget anything.

1) I tested positive for PAI-1 (homo), MTHFR (hetero for 1 variant) and Factor XIII. For these they told me to take Lovenox 30IUs 1x day, baby aspirin 1x day, and folegard 1xday. But I'm not sure which of the three triggered those RXs. Some women on the immune board also get RXed Metformin for PAI-1, but they didn't prescribe that for me. I'm not sure what ace insertion is...maybe ABC doesn't test for that? Do you know what it is? Did Dr. B at least give you folegard? That's what Zouves does for MTHFR....

2) Dr. Ch.eck's opinion about LIT treatment is that it can't hurt and it will probably help, especially for women who've had multiple IVF implantation failures (me!!!) What he doesn't believe in is the TEST for low LADs; he thinks that they aren't accurate at all, so women who don't necessarily need the LIT treatment end up getting it and others who do need it may not seem like they need it because their LAD test might be normal. But in my case he thought it was a good idea because of the number of "good" and "decent-looking" embryos we've put in that haven't stuck. Does that make sense? Ch.eck did a study a few years ago with women with multiple OE or donor IVF failures - 1/2 did LIT and 1/2 did not. The 1/2 that did not had significantly higher pregnancy rates than those that didn't do the procedure. I think it was like 60% vs. 16%...I can try to scan the article and email it to you if you like. Dr. Ch.eck mailed them to me a couple of months ago.

I hope that makes sense. That's how I understand his point of view.

Did Dr. Br. give you any treatment plan at all then? Or doesn't he think everything is okay immune-wise?

No more Mexico trips unless we actually get pregnant. wink.gif My b-cells went from 1.9 to 87 and my t-cells went from 3.6 to 82.7 after 2 LITs, so we're good to go hopefully.

Sending you good thoughts,
      SQ
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement