Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • AFC went way down.....feeling really sad and confused
    • Sara (no login)
      Posted Aug 17, 2012 9:12 AM

Hi Ladies,

So after a BFN on the converted IVF/TI last cycle, we're going to try again with Dr. Check to do a low-stim IVF this cycle. I was feeling really good and positive this morning about it after taking a mini-vacation last week.

But then I went in for blood and ultrasound this morning and my AFC is the lowest it's ever been - by a long shot. It's usually between 6-10 and today it was 4. (And that may have been a stretch as she had to really try to see any follies on the left side.)

I didn't react at the time, but I'm now feeling really devastated. After our CCRM failure last October we tried so hard to make sure that other things (i.e. immunology, endo, spetum) were checked out and taken care of. But now I think that maybe we waited too long? Or that even though the lap didn't go inside my ovaries it may have damaged them?

What could cause such a drastic drop in AFC? Last month it was 7. I know some women have big drops month to month, but I never do. Estinyl shouldn't cause this, could it? Should I move forward with the low-stim IVF or cancel?

Is this the beginning of the end? Should I start preparing myself for menopause and DE? I turned 34 in May. I really thought I could do OE (maybe because every RE I saw said it would be fine), but it's starting to look like it's not a possibility.

In pain and scared,
      Sara Q
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement