<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

anyone used Symplex F? (xpost)

February 23 2008 at 1:30 PM
crayolab  (Login crayolab)

it's a Standard Process Inc. supplement. i got it from my acu. it's kind of freaky: contains bovine ovary PMG extract, bovine adrenal PMG extract, bovine pituitary PMG extract and bovine thyroid PMG extract. definitely not for the vegetarian IFers! just curious if anyone's used it to good result.

i was having a freakout earlier that maybe my ingesting dessicated cow glands could have caused my crazy fsh spike during my IVF cycle (see below), but now thanks to the input i got, i'm thinking no, it was just the bcps. but i am curious about this stuff. i've been taking it for a couple of weeks and suddenly the idea of it is sort of grossing me out!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Cow Glands?

February 23 2008, 2:33 PM 

What are you talking about, I couldn't find this info in your other post. Why are you ingesting this?

Respond to this message   
Carol Ann
(no login)

Crayolab

February 23 2008, 2:48 PM 

Hi there. I don't have any experience with these supplements, but if it were me I would be wary of them and lean more towards regular herbs. Because if you think about it, how good are these animals being taken care of nutrient wise? What regulations are there with these supplements? A lot of animals are not being fed properly, are on antibiotics, and meat products are constantly being recalled. Know what I mean? I don't want to scare you, but this is the first time I've ever heard of these types of supplements and this is what immediately popped into my mind. I know that there are many products made from animal by-products but for some reason this idea of supplements freaks me out.

Good luck.

Respond to this message   
crayolab
(Login crayolab)

yes, i know it sounds really wacky.

February 23 2008, 3:18 PM 

i do know that Standard Process is considered a reputable company, and i do trust my acu. she wouldn't give me anything risky or dangerous. she is not a fly-by-night operation and is taking the supplements herself, as she is also an IF patient.

i did do some research on the products. symplex f is designed for women and is supposed to normalize hormone levels that are out of wack. here's one article i found:

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/suppssp/160/

i can understand why many people would not go near this stuff. i'm not so sure about it, but again, i really don't believe that my acu would give me something dangerous. she is a true friend and i talked to her extensively before taking this.

just fyi!

Respond to this message   
Carol Ann
(no login)

Oh

February 23 2008, 3:38 PM 

I missed the part about your acu. They know what they are doing. I thought it might have been something that you found yourself. Well, good luck. Sorry I don't have any answers or personal experience with this. Take care.

Respond to this message   
minniet
(Login minniet)

Still,please be careful

February 23 2008, 3:58 PM 

I had an acu that cared very much about me and took all the things she recommended for me and had dealt with if, but she made me very sick. And she was at an experienced acu fertility clinic.

Just because people are well meaning does not mean what they prescribe is safe -- please be careful with yourself.

Supplements are essentially unregulated. Cow organs are less safe than other animal parts.

I have been in your shoes, trying all sorts of things, and I understand. But the more you research the ingrediants of even well intentioned companies, the more you find that things can go very wrong.

Just sending you a well meaning caution.

Respond to this message   
Solana
(no login)

Standard Process is and Amazing and Changed My Life

November 10 2010, 6:44 PM 

Hi,

I was introduced to Standard Process by my Mother and Doctor. I almost died from hypothyroidism many years ago. As a result I was prescribed Armour Thyroid which worked for many years and saved my life. As years passed my thyroid levels continued to fluctuate and were either too high or too low and my doctor would continue to adjust the Armour medication. After hearing about Standard Process and learning about Thytrophin PMG I decided to incorporate it into my medication regime. I began to notice that I was feeling better. I then made the decision to ween myself off the Armour while increasing the Thytrophin. I made this decision for several reason. One, Armour dosage needs to increase with time and you run the risk of your body not responding to the Armour the longer you take it. Also, Armour does not teach your body how to make and/or balance it's own thyroid hormone, so your body is dependent on the medication. This is what makes Standard Process products stand out because it trains your body how to balance itself. There are no hormones in these products.

With the support of my MD I was able to prove this through blood test. I made a deal with my Dr. that I would go back on Armour if my Thyroid Panel Tests came back low after being off of Armour for 30 days and only on Thytrophin for 30 days. My intuition was right b/c after 30 days my blood tests came back normal. So normal, in fact, my Dr. was astounded! She had not seen my thyroid levels so normal EVER! Even when I was on Armour. She encouraged me to continue with the Thytrophin and I have never felt better.

I am now taking Symplex F, and Ovutrophin PMG to regulate my cycle. I have not been on it that long but I am confident in Standard Process products b/c I know they work. I hope you find this information and testimonial helpful and encouraging.

Respond to this message   
lauren
(no login)

Re: Standard Process is and Amazing and Changed My Life

December 10 2011, 8:56 AM 

were you scared to get off your thyroid meds since you said that it almost caused you your life?

Respond to this message   
lauren
(no login)

Re: Standard Process is and Amazing and Changed My Life

December 10 2011, 8:57 AM 

were you scared to get off your thyroid meds since you said that it almost caused you your life?

Respond to this message   
sandy
(no login)

how much do you take each day?

March 7 2012, 11:39 AM 

dosage of the Smplex F - each day?

Respond to this message   
Cheri
(Login lifestyling)

Dosage varies

December 3 2013, 4:46 PM 

Hi,

I have taken Simplex-F with great results for about two years. The amount I take has changed over time. When it was first prescribed for me, my doctor had me taking 3, 3 times a day. Now I take two twice each day. I get regular check-ups with my Naturopath and my Chiropractor and they determine what is the correct dosage through testing. It is important to work with a qualified professional when determining proper dosage for you, in order to get the best results and avoid problems.

Best of luck to you -

Cheri

Respond to this message   
Dan B
(no login)

What doses are you taking?

January 31 2014, 5:01 AM 

My wife is struggling with hypothyroidism and was given these same meds/herbs by her doctor... Would you please share how often do you take them and in what doses?

My wife has not taken any yet, but I think she is ready to. She is a strict vegetarian and doesn't want any animal products, but it's getting serious and I think she is OK with it finally if it fixes her health as her heart rate has been consistently in the 110-130 range for months now.

Her doc gave us the following from "Standard Process":
Thytrophin PMG
Drenamin
Hypothalmex
Symplex F

Thanks!
Dan B.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/post?messageid=1289443479

Respond to this message   
Lorie
(Login loriequest)

Standard Process (thyroid and hormones)

May 22 2014, 11:35 AM 

Hi Dan --- Just saw your post now. Hopefully you were able to get the information you needed and your wife is feeling better now. I also have hypothyroidism/hashimotos and was referred to take Standard Process by my MD who specializes in auto-immune "invisible" diseases like thyroid, lupus, fibromyalgia. I only take two supplements as I am very sensitive but I have noticed a really big difference with the following products - Adrenal Desiccated (2 daily) and Symplex F (1-2 daily). As with any new medications in the body, starting slow is the key to see how your body responds. In three years, I have not any side effects from either product but I really notice a surge in hormone imbalance when I forget to take my Symplex F for several days... it really makes a big difference in balancing the mood swings! My doctor said that with thyroid issues it is very important to support the adrenal glands also so make sure your wife takes a daily supplement. Best of luck to you both...

Respond to this message   
Dan B
(Login danlkb1)

What doses are you taking for hyperthyroid?

February 1 2014, 5:56 AM 

My wife is struggling with hyperthyroidism and was given these same meds/herbs by her doctor... Would you please share how often do you take them and in what doses?

My wife has not taken any yet, but I think she is ready to. She is a strict vegetarian and doesn't want any animal products, but it's getting serious and I think she is OK with it finally if it fixes her health as her heart rate has been consistently in the 110-130 range for months now.

Her doc gave us the following from "Standard Process":
Thytrophin PMG
Drenamin
Hypothalmex
Symplex F

Thanks!
Dan B.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/post?messageid=1289443479

Respond to this message   
Solana
(no login)

Standard Process is and Amazing and Changed My Life

November 10 2010, 6:45 PM 

Hi,

I was introduced to Standard Process by my Mother and Doctor. I almost died from hypothyroidism many years ago. As a result I was prescribed Armour Thyroid which worked for many years and saved my life. As years passed my thyroid levels continued to fluctuate and were either too high or too low and my doctor would continue to adjust the Armour medication. After hearing about Standard Process and learning about Thytrophin PMG I decided to incorporate it into my medication regime. I began to notice that I was feeling better. I then made the decision to ween myself off the Armour while increasing the Thytrophin. I made this decision for several reason. One, Armour dosage needs to increase with time and you run the risk of your body not responding to the Armour the longer you take it. Also, Armour does not teach your body how to make and/or balance it's own thyroid hormone, so your body is dependent on the medication. This is what makes Standard Process products stand out because it trains your body how to balance itself. There are no hormones in these products.

With the support of my MD I was able to prove this through blood test. I made a deal with my Dr. that I would go back on Armour if my Thyroid Panel Tests came back low after being off of Armour for 30 days and only on Thytrophin for 30 days. My intuition was right b/c after 30 days my blood tests came back normal. So normal, in fact, my Dr. was astounded! She had not seen my thyroid levels so normal EVER! Even when I was on Armour. She encouraged me to continue with the Thytrophin and I have never felt better.

I am now taking Symplex F, and Ovutrophin PMG to regulate my cycle. I have not been on it that long but I am confident in Standard Process products b/c I know they work. I hope you find this information and testimonial helpful and encouraging.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Anyone who takes Armour (thyroid) is taking

February 23 2008, 3:50 PM 

the thyroid gland from pigs. My acupuncturist also gave me symplex F and DH symplex M four months ago. After 6 years of IF, we took a pg test three days ago and it came back +. After peeing on over 200 evil sticks, I had never, ever seen a + test before. Now, I can't say for sure that Symplex F and M helped us or not, but I certainly don't think it hurt.

My TSH was 5.2 and after recently having it checked, it was 1.5
My cycles were non-existent (not ovulating) and they came back regular.

My RE had given up on me and we couldn't afford to continue w/IVF treatments.

I've posted anon because I'm awaiting my beta on Monday.

Respond to this message   
Anon Too
(no login)

Armour thyroid

February 23 2008, 4:12 PM 

Hi Anonymous,

I wonder why you did not take Armour thyroid to treat your thyroid if your TSH was 5. I wonder whether that would have help you as well?

BTW, big congratulations to your + HPT.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Hi, Anon Too

February 23 2008, 4:24 PM 

I was having adrenal failure, sky-high thyroid (and FSH) levels and my ovaries were pretty much shut down. In order to keep from taking a million different supplements, my acupuncturist suggested that I start on one supplement, Symplex F.

But to answer your question, for some odd reason, Armour gave me the jitters. I kept having the dosage adjusted but I still kept feeling jittery.

Thanks for your congrats.

Respond to this message   
Sofi
(no login)

I've used....

February 23 2008, 11:37 PM 

Standard Process Denatrophin PMG and their ovary extract. They're powerful glandulars and I noticed more CM, energy and vitality- and both helped me O when I was late. Like thyroid meds I've experimented with, you feel the stuff working at a very deep level. It freaked me out a bit- especially with the bovine risk, so I never took it for more than a week or two. Sometimes even a few days would kick in my system and get me to ovulate. I also took it occasionally before ttc (Denatrophin PMG) when I felt worn out or weak, and I'd feel a strength returned to my body. I've had it around for years, and I think it was a chiro who turned me on to it.

When I took the SP glandulars with other homeopathics, herbs, meds, etc... I sometimes felt worse. Maybe like thyroid meds, it's difficult to get the dose right. I was also worried that somehow by taking glandulars or Thyroid meds, my own borderline thyroid, ovary, etc, would shrink or become lazy and forever after need the extra push to work. In my case anyway, I think this is what happened on things like clomid or HCG- because my cycles are worse/irregular since I took them. So I figured my body may react in a similar way to glandular supplements if I take too much.

But now, I"m really interested....The Simplex seems like it would be a perfect solution- since it has the adreanal (Denatrophin PMG), ovary and thyroid. Maybe they're regulate in proper balance...it makes so much sense.

Has your acupuncturist had anyone get a BFP with it?

Sofi

Respond to this message   
crayolab
(Login crayolab)

sofi,

February 24 2008, 11:03 AM 

yes, as i understand it that's what it's supposed to do¬óbring everything into balance. my acu just got into these products. she went to a day-long seminar to learn about them and says she has been interested in these glandular supplements for a long time, but wanted to know more about them before giving them to her patients. she also gave me another standard process supplement, black currant seed oil, which is a good source of GLAs; i'm wondering if it will help some inflammatory muscular problems that plague me. she feels that the SP stuff is very high quality and potent, as you point out.

i don't think she has anyone with a bfp thanks to them yet.
i won't expect to be the first, but maybe they will help!

thanks for the info.

xc

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement