<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Estrogen Priming Protocol

October 25 2009 at 11:56 AM
Leah  (no login)

Hi Ladies,

I used to be a Check patient - on estinyl because of very high FSH. I am thinking about taking estrace instead. Dr. Check always prescribed .09mg of estinyl per day to lower my FSH. My current RE is not very familiar with treating patients with high FSH but totally willing to work with me. Do you know what the comparable dosing would be for estrace or femtrace?

Many thanks,
Leah

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Estrace

October 25 2009, 6:06 PM 

Standard dosing for using estrace as part of EPP is typically 2mg 2x per day, however some women on the board have used lower doses if estrace oversuppresses them.

Respond to this message   
Leah
(no login)

Thank you!

October 25 2009, 8:47 PM 

Thank you so much for your response. Really appreciate the help.

Respond to this message   
Suzanne
(no login)

Re: Estrogen Priming Protocol

October 26 2009, 6:00 AM 

Hi ladies-
I am starting my first IVF very soon. My RE prescribed Climara 0.1mg patches which I change every other day until my period starts as part of the EPP. NOt sure how that compares to what your taking, but just just wanted to let you know. Good luck! Suzanne

Respond to this message   
Caitlin
(no login)

My 2 cents

October 26 2009, 10:26 AM 

Cornell uses the climara as its supposed to be a more natural version, more like what our bodies would produce naturally. So far it has worked for me, but I was on estrace at another clinic for epp. I would still use what Cornell uses b/c they are so good with working with dor/high fsh/ama.

Respond to this message   
Leah
(no login)

THANK YOU Suzanne & Caitlin (Can you be a little bit more specific?)

October 26 2009, 6:20 PM 

I am giving my RE information through all of you very helpful ladies. He is so willing to help, as long as what I tell him makes sense.

Did they prescribe Climara 0.1mg patches to be replaced every other day. If so, how long were you on the patch before a period is induced? And is provera used to induce periods, if so, do you still stay on the Climara patches along with the provera? Thank you so much! Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Respond to this message   
Suzanne
(no login)

Email from my IVF nurse

October 27 2009, 6:05 AM 

Here is the email from my IVF nurse:

Hi Suzanne, Your cycle will start with checking for your LH surge. Please buy the ovulation detection kit and start checking as instructed on their directions. When you have confirmed that you have had an LH surge we will start you on the estrogen patch which is climara 0.1mg which you will change every other day until your period starts. You will call us and we will instruct you to remove the patch. Once we know the date that you surge then I can give you the estimated cycle start with egg retrieval prediction. Carol

That's all I know for now. I need to pick up the patches tonight from the pharmacy - should be starting soon. My RE says he has had good luck with this protocol. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck to you!

Respond to this message   
maybe1
(no login)

Re: Estrogen Priming Protocol

October 27 2009, 12:51 AM 

I believe the equivalent dosages to 0.02 ethynil estradiol/estinyl are: 2mg estrace, 0.1mg climara/vivelle dot.
it's interesting that Suzanne had to change climara every other day, i thought the standard instructions for it are to change once per week? at least this is what i remember doing...

one thing you should keep in mind is that all of estrace, climara, vivelle dot would show up in your Estradiol blood test - and so it will be elevated depending on the dosage, how well you absorb it, which day of application it is etc. Estinyl doesn't do that, which is one of the advantages of using it.
Also my personal experience has been that estinyl lowers my FSH much more successfully that the other forms of estradiol - but this might be specific to me.

best of luck!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Estrogen Priming Protocol
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement