<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Estinyl question

April 29 2011 at 9:01 AM
Cee  (no login)

It just got delivered here at my work - the box says "Refrigerate upon arrival" - is that right? I thought it was just a pill?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mrs. A
(no login)

I thought it was a pill too (never used); I'd call the pharmacy n/t

April 29 2011, 9:16 AM 

Respond to this message   
alima
(no login)

suppositories?

April 29 2011, 9:25 AM 

Did they somehow give you suppositories? I know one time, I got suppositories to help with my thin lining.

Respond to this message   
Jasmine
(no login)

Re: Estinyl question

April 29 2011, 9:35 AM 

Estynil is just pills. I think they might have sent you the wrong thing. I would call the pharmacy right away.

Respond to this message   
Tanya
(no login)

success meds?

April 29 2011, 10:04 AM 

Im assuming it came from success meds? The P4 they send has the label but not the estyinl. This does NOT need to be refrigerated, actually their P4 does not either I am told

Respond to this message   
SMRC
(no login)

It's definitely a pill

April 29 2011, 10:23 AM 

so you should check on this.

Respond to this message   
Cee
(no login)

Thanks everyone

April 29 2011, 11:03 AM 

This is from Freedom. I had already received the P4, so I'll go open the box and see what's in there. I didn't want to have to do that at work but I'll find a conference room or something so I can investigate!

Respond to this message   
Cee
(no login)

It's pills

April 29 2011, 11:11 AM 

But in a refrigerated bag with a like ice pack in there. It says on the bottle of pills to keep refrigerated too, so I just stuck it back in there.

The pills are ethinyl estradiol, 0.2mg, so that's what the nurse had called in and Freedom confirmed with me prior to shipment.

Oh, and I have never refrigerated the P4 either, I was told it wasn't necessary...?

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

I was told to refrigerate ALL my P4...

April 29 2011, 11:25 AM 

So I always did. I'd check on that one but how knows... different mix?

Good Luck!

Respond to this message   
Tanya
(no login)

P4 - refrigeration

April 29 2011, 11:39 AM 

I specifically checked on Crinone and was told it was not necessary and I also checked with success meds on their P4 supps becuase sometimes it says refrigeration and sometimes it does not. They told me you don't have too but if it gets too hot it will melt and not come out of the plastic insert.
I'm curious as to what others were told

Respond to this message   
Cee
(no login)

Re: P4 - refrigeration

April 29 2011, 11:46 AM 

I get my meds from Freedom because my insurance only accepts them and like the Walgreens compounding pharmacy. Anyway, the first time I got the progesterone suppositories from there I asked about refrigerating them once I received them and they told me it wasn't necessary. So I never have, and I've never had a problem with them.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: P4 - refrigeration

April 29 2011, 7:21 PM 

Hi Cee. I've had Estinyl for 3 rounds now, and never been told to refrigerate it. I wonder if it makes a difference??
Best of luck!

Respond to this message   
Cee
(Login ceemonkey)

I think it has to do with the pharmacy

April 30 2011, 5:09 PM 

Because everyone on here is talking about Success Meds and their recommendations - but I have to get my meds from Freedom and they appear to have different requirements. Such as they told me that I didn't need to refrigerate my P4 suppositories but the esthinyl estradiol came in a refrigerated pouch with instructions to keep refrigerated. Who knows! I'm just going to stick it in the fridge and call it good!

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

really?

April 29 2011, 2:25 PM 

Endometrin, Crinone, Prometrium and PIO don't need refrigeration. Only vag supps should be refrigerated.

Respond to this message   
Tanya
(no login)

Supps refrigerated?

April 30 2011, 7:55 AM 

Now I'm confused because success mess told me I didn't need to keep the vag supps in the frig. I wonder why you were told differently.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

You don't have to

April 30 2011, 9:56 AM 

I am another patient who asked Success Meds about refrigeration of the supps, they said keeping them refrigerated makes it easier to handle and insert, they won't be so soft and "melty" so that is why they recommend it. It is more for user convenience. The supps themselves don't go bad or anything. In fact, they said they have to heat them to high temperatures to melt them to get them into those plastic molds in the first place, so the meds can definitely take heat without deteriorating!

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

they don't HAVE to be but they should

April 30 2011, 10:10 AM 

to prevent melting mushy supps, per Success Meds. I don't know how melty they get because I've always kept mine refrigerated. Btw, even the ziploc bag that Success Meds put the supps in has a sticker that says "keep refrigerated".

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Estinyl question
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement