<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Does anyone know what non pregnant estradiol levels 7DPO?

June 15 2011 at 8:35 AM
BabyDance  (no login)

It seems to be pretty clear that P4 should be over 15, ideally... but does anyone have a reference for estradiol?? I cannot find it anywhere.... very frustrating..... thanks, in advance.. xoxoxo BD

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login krgh)

Honestly

June 15 2011, 9:05 AM 

I think it varies and there is way to know by your E2 level if you are pregnant or not. I know the E2 peaks around 7dpo and then ideally if you are pregnant, it stays elevated because the corpus luteum doesn't start breaking down. The ideal E2 around 7dpo is around 100, but I've seen so much variation among women, pregnant or not.

I do recall a poster on here a few years ago whose 7dpo was about 20. Yes, very low. I can't recall if she did IVF or not, but she was being monitored. Again, my memory isn't 100 percent, but I believe she was at Cooper and they immediately put her on estradiol. She ended up with a BFP and I think a successful outcome. I wish I could remember the details better. Maybe someone else remembers this case, but it may be before most of the ladies on here were here.

Respond to this message   
BD
(no login)

Tx Karen. You rock, as Tracy said...

June 15 2011, 9:12 AM 

I think this about as accurate an answer I can expect. So bless you, as usual. I'm just at a loss completely as to what is going on with me, if you've been following - massive cramping/bloat (I don't think it was negative cramping which I've had, if that makes sense where obviously is something wrong, unhealthy - this felt healthy) 7DPO, and 9DPO - very strong symptoms, then NOTHING. I always think I can handle this wait, but man... it's such a rollercoaster.... I even had moments where I felt like I had to slow down what I was doing yesterday... and waking up today feeling so little, it's just crazy time!!!! I was so convinced yesterday I was pregnant, I think if I'm not, my sister is going to put me in the looney bin. If she doesn't, I might put myself there... wink.gif)))))

Respond to this message   
BD
(no login)

K, if you are still there..

June 15 2011, 9:24 AM 

If crinone doesn't show up in blood, and IVF there is no corpus luteum, how do I even have 23 P4 on 9DPO?? I guess crinone does show up a bit?? Any thoughts about this??? It actually must show up a bit, or I would be much lower. My normal 7DPO is 10 or so...

Respond to this message   

(Login krgh)

You can get a corpus luteum with IVF.

June 15 2011, 9:36 AM 

It really varies. When they aspirate the follicles, sometimes they form back into the CL like they would if they popped on their own. But sometimes they don't. That is why giving P4 is standard for IVF. (And of course, Dr. Check like to give it as insurance with most cycles, even natural.)

So, I think you likely had at least one normally formed CL or maybe three not as well formed as normal.

I know progesterone suppositories can show up in b/w since I've taken it in the past without ovulating and it did. But I don't know about Crinone. I'm assuming what Mrs. A was told was accurate, but I've learned that occasionally we don't fit the "norm". So, there is always the slight possibility that a little of the Crinone showed up for you, but I'd tend to think that it was all from your own body.

Your lining looked great, so your uterus was definitely responding to your P4 and the crinone. Honestly, I think Cooper is just very conservative, but I'd rather have it that way than have a clinic that just sent you home for two weeks after transfer until your beta. (And there are some that do that.)

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

this is true

June 15 2011, 12:17 PM 

I know that REs say Endometrin doesn't show up in the b/w but I can say that for me I have a VERY strong feeling that it does.

Funny enough though in the case of Crinone, I do think that what the Cooper nurse told me is accurate; at least for me. In a recent post I mentioned how I was on Crinone, P4 supps and Prometrium throughout my first trimester. When it came time to wean me off they did so by weaning off one P4 form for a week at a time. And it was because how my b/w would react that I kept getting restarted and unweaned. The nurse told me that Crinone doesn't show up but that Prometrium and P4 vag supps do.

Respond to this message   

(Login krgh)

Glad to get your experience with the Crinone.

June 15 2011, 2:12 PM 

It really helps to see a first hand account. I've seen women before on here whose RE's office told them P4 supps don't show up in b/w and I know personally that they do. But it could be that the occasional patient doesn't absorb it well into the bloodstream. But I know I do absorb it into the bloodstream, even though the levels fluctuated quite a bit for me. (And I know I absorb a LOT of Estrace when I take it vaginally.)

Now you've got me curious about Crinone. I think I tried it one time for a "fake LP" to try and suppress my hormones. I took it with Estrace or EstroGel. I can't take estrogen without progesterone or my FSH and LH go up. But when I had taken either of them with P4 supps, my FSH and LH did get a bit suppressed (which was a good thing). I seem to recall that the Crinone and estrogen didn't work as well and maybe that is why! I'll have to look back and see if I did any b/w for that trial or not.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

E2 levels can't indicate if PG or not but rather

June 15 2011, 12:11 PM 

they are an indication of whether the environment is, at the very least, optimal for implantation. This is especially true at 6DPO since that is the beginning of the implantation window.

Also, further down the DPO line, a single solitary value can't be interpreted as being PG. It can be assumed that it's a good sign for PG, but it can be used as a replacement "test" for PG. The only way that you could make good assumptions based on P4/E2 values is by doing serial testing (that's what I used to do). You have to see the trend in those values across several days in order to be able to make good assumptions. That's what I would do (because I was crazy); test every other day. I would also test FSH and LH.

Respond to this message   
lucy999
(no login)

Test for lh and fsh?

June 15 2011, 12:51 PM 

what did you use?

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

I was a bad girl

June 15 2011, 12:54 PM 

and so I did whatever I wanted! LOL!

I basically used RE-issued CD 2 b/w orders for luteal testing. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

I might add that the nurses thought I was NUTS

June 15 2011, 12:57 PM 

but I didn't care.

Basically, if you're not PG then your P4 and E2 decrease and LH and FSH start to rise late in the luteal phase in advance of the upcoming AF.

No RE would EVER sanction this but I did whatever I wanted; I came to learn enough about my body that I felt comfortable doing this.

Respond to this message   
lucy999
(no login)

That is so smart.

June 15 2011, 1:03 PM 

I thought it was just me. I usually take the cooper scripts and simply just mark what B/W I want to do or when my cycle starts. Usually, the nurses will call and they will say, we got a fax from you? Are you starting a cycle? I was tempted to do B/W on Friday just to see what was going on but unfortunately, I have to work and the earliest I can get to B/W is actually Monday which is my beta day.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

YES!!!

June 15 2011, 1:15 PM 

I did the same. But mainly with Cornell. I know that one nurse hated me for sure having to put in that extra call to me but I didn't care!

For Cooper I did do the same a few times but you gotta be careful with those nurses; it's a little tougher bossing them around. And they are so nice to me to begin with so treaded lightly.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Does anyone know what non pregnant estradiol levels 7DPO?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement