What would you do (loss ment, DE ment)September 19 2011 at 4:06 PM
|KerriA (no login)|
I'm on IUI #16 right now. I'm single and have enough DS and meds for 2 more IUI's, and then my plan is to move on to embryo donation. I'm getting pretty done with this whole process. I had a second trimester loss last fall and the last cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy that took a little awhile to go away. I went in last Monday thinking I was CD4. I had about 7 antral follicles, which is pretty good for me. My FSH was 14.8, e2 34.7 - hcg 16.5. So, they said I had to wait for my hcg to totally go down. I went back on CD 6 and FSH 11.3. e2 48.2, hcg 16. So, they had me come in today (CD11) and FSH 5.94, e2 151, hcg was less than 1. They told me it was up to me, and if I wanted I could start shots tonight. Alternatively, I could wait until an ultrasound on Wed or of course, skip this cycle all together.
I am wondering what you ladies think. What would you do? I'm really anxious just to be done with the IUI's so a big part of me wants to charge on and I have read accounts of some saying the next cycle after a chemical was successful. On the other hand, with an e2 of 150 - I am wondering if it is too late to get anymore follicles than the dominant one. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I am just exhausted by this whole process, as I am sure we all are.
First of all....
|September 19 2011, 4:58 PM |
I'm so sorry for your losses. (((hugs))) There is something to the theory that you are more fertile for the first few cycles after a loss. This cycle, I bet you already have a pretty big follicle with that estrogen level. So, if you would rather wait for more follicles in another cycle, I would wait. Maybe go in for an u/s? It only takes one though, if you are really wanting to go ahead with IUI this month. Let us know what you decide.
Thank you, Tracy (DE, loss ment)
|September 20 2011, 3:19 PM |
I really appreciate your support, esp since I know I haven't been really present for the boards the last few months. I'm just so tired of all of this - do you know what I mean?
I decided to go ahead with the injections. My head knows that probably isn't wise to give me the best cycle, but my heart just wants to have my OE cycles done so I can move on. My RE has told me that they have a couple of donor embyros for me, and I am hoping I can go through a DE cycle before the end of the year - I don't want to have to wait until 2012.
I have just been catching up on the boards and saw your message below about your coworker, and I wanted to say that I'm sorry, and I completely understand. I also practice avoidance and have learned to limit my peripheral vision so that I do not see pregnant bellies. Last winter, just a month or so after my loss, I was on a small committee for work and a woman who was about a month ahead of where I should have been ended up on this committee, and it was so upsetting. When we had committee meetings, I managed to always sit away from her and in a spot where I would not see her belly and I avoided looking at her. She probably thought I hated her for know reason but sometimes you have to go in to survival mode and do what's best for you! We are all here for you, Tracy!
|Current Topic - What would you do (loss ment, DE ment)|