<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

gray hair and pof

January 2 2012 at 2:08 PM
anna  (Login annawaiting26)

I just turned 29 and recently found couple of gray hair and when I look at my hair closely I can see that many of the roots r coming out gray. I am pretty sad. My mom didnt have gray hair till 40 and my dad till 55, yes 55!! And me, 29. I know it could be stress but is it because of pof as well?? Also I started seeing cellulite on my leg and when I googled it looks like its an effect of menopause if ur not over weight. I am size 2 or 4, so not over wright...
So there it goes all my confidences with IF , gray hair and no more bathing suit....
Any one else have these side effects with POF..sad.gif

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mrs. KH
(Login MrsKH)

Re: gray hair and pof

January 2 2012, 3:25 PM 

I don't think gray hair or cellulite are directly connected to POF. I could be wrong but speaking from my experience. Although I am ten years older than you, I also have a POF diagnoses. I have very little to no gray hair and the same with cellulite (I could stand to lose a few pounds but not much cellulite). Sorry. sad.gif

Respond to this message   
Hadas
(no login)

??? Never heard of this

January 2 2012, 8:46 PM 

I would never assume a link here. For what it's worth, I have plenty of very fertile friends who had early grays... I wouldn't spend time and energy worrying about random potential links at all.

Respond to this message   
Jainee
(no login)

January 3 2012, 12:08 AM 

Hi Anna
how about your Dad's side of the family........grey hair is usually hereditary.......and thank goodness for hair color happy.gif
and you are not pof- you are dor and there is a real difference between the two.....you can still see follies and get a period....true pof is when you stop getting AF for at least 6 months and the fsh levels are high and e2 are low.........you still have achance to conceive.
I also think that you need (as hard as this sounds) to get into a more positive space- this is SO important when trying to conceive......I am saying this from a place of caring........do whatever it takes to be positive.........Jainee

Respond to this message   
MrsKH
(Login MrsKH)

January 3 2012, 6:03 PM 

My RE actually keeps throwing around the POF diagnoses (with DOR) and I have a regular AF. I am actually not sure what the true difference is.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2012, 6:06 AM 

You are one of the most negative people I have ever run across in this board. You really need to stop trying to find everything wrong with you and your situation. No child will fill the void you have inside. You must fill it first. Then you will be ready for a child.

Respond to this message   
Hadas
(no login)

Agree wholeheartedly

January 3 2012, 7:55 AM 

This also comes from a place of caring, but all of your negativity is only working against you. Someone posted about strong feelings of hatred a couple of weeks ago and I think all of the well-meaning advice in the replies to that post is good advice for anyone who has strong negative feelings.

Please do everything you possibly can to get rid of this negativity. It breeds more negativity and is literally (I believe this) toxic to your health AND fertility.

Respond to this message   
anna
(Login annawaiting26)

Re: Agree wholeheartedly

January 3 2012, 8:00 AM 

Not u, the way that the anon person said, I found it rude. " no child will fill the void."

Gearing up for IVF #4

Respond to this message   
Hadas
(no login)

I understand, though (someone else's success mentioned)

January 3 2012, 8:27 AM 

Hi Anna,
I apologize for whomever you felt was rude, but I understand the comment. I'm sure the original poster with the comment can comment if she would like, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in... it wasn't meant to be rude, I'm sure, just absolutely realistic.

I'll give you an example... I have an old friend who wasn't able to meet a guy and get married. She had always said that if she never got married by the age of 40, she would have a child on her own. I should say that although she's very kind and generous, she was always miserable and negative about something, anything. It was just her character I guess. The better word is that she was kind of tough and bitter... yes, that's it. Anyway, although I don't know the details, she did succeed in getting pregnant and now has a 5 or 6 year old little boy.

She is still single and she is still bitter about it. She assumed that by having a child, it would fill whatever voids she felt she had in her life, but for a long time, it didn't. I think she's in a better place now and I don't know how she got there, but just to say that I understand the comment that a child will not fill any non-child related voids or negativity you might be feeling.

All the best,
Hadas

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

dont worry Hadas

January 3 2012, 10:34 AM 

i am not upset at you.dont worry

XOXO

Respond to this message   
anna
(Login annawaiting26)

that was very rude!!!!

January 3 2012, 7:57 AM 

Gearing up for IVF #4

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: that was very rude!!!!

January 3 2012, 10:00 AM 

No it's the truth. You are letting your situation define you. You state that people who can't handle your bitterness shouldn't comment. Well, I say, if you can't handle people both gently and firmly reminding you all the time to rise above it the problem is you. dOR is horrible. But to add a bitter spirit to the whole thing makes it even worse. Be someone who rises above. Listen to the countless wisdom the women here have told u. You are only hurting yourself. If you can't take people correcting your viewpoint, perhaps you should reconsider posting your negativity so much.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

people handle things differently

January 3 2012, 10:14 AM 

Right now Anna was just asking if there's a connection between gray hair and DOR. That question has come up before.

Anna you said your therapist helped you when she said maybe this is your bridge that you chose to give yourself more compassion towards other people. That's tells me you're open to different ways of thinking.

Negativity does have a very bad physical effect, but some people handle it best by talking it through, Anna doesn't put other people down which I think is a more 'negative' thing to do. I think she's always nice to everyone, unless I missed something.

Are Anna's posts bringing you down and discouraging you personally, or do you just want her to find more hope? It sounded sort of hostile to me.

And about that other recent thread.

A lot of the responses were mean (some were good), but I agree with the last response which I just saw right now:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/thread/1324522875/I+feel+like+a+horrible+person

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: people handle things differently

January 3 2012, 11:36 AM 

You hav got rob kidding me! Anna dispenses negative statements all the time! And for all we know wrote that horrible person post! Sure she will comment on a few things positively but always tends to turn th focus on herself then. I think she will have success but she won't b happy until she learns to b happy on her own. Also that previous poster u linked to asked if it was normal to feel that way. People answered her. Too bad you can't see that!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

no I'm not kidding at all

January 3 2012, 12:03 PM 

Is she negative towards other people or just about herself? I haven't seen her be mean to anybody else.

No not kidding, very serious in what I believe about this.

Your post is more aggressive than hers, also are you personally brought down by her posts? If not, then I don't see why you would attack somebody who's in pain - unless they are discouraging you about your own prospects, then maybe you can explain that.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: no I'm not kidding at all

January 3 2012, 12:26 PM 

Look, it's hard enuf staying in a positive place with infertility. The last thing anyone needs is someone who is always like "poor me!" when they are around. Negativity begets negativity. Anna is a classic case of this. She's been told countless times to think more positively. She continues her self indulgent temper tantrums. Even those who
Have found success tell her that her mind and the way she thinks has an impact. But she won't listen! It makes me and I think a lot of others a bit frustrated to have someone always bringing us down when we are just trying to hold into hope. She could start contributing hope to us rather than negativity.

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

JUST DONT READ MY POSTS, (nt)

January 3 2012, 1:52 PM 

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

JUST DON'T POST THEM! NT

January 3 2012, 2:01 PM 

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2012, 3:00 PM 

Thanks for your honesty. Now I am saying this in a sincere way -

Not everybody has the same coping style.

Focus on the people who are handling this the way you believe in - support each other - and unless somebody is directly mean to you or to somebody else, try to ignore the rest.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2012, 3:16 PM 

I'm
Not the only one who feels this way bout Anna

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2012, 4:21 PM 

well I think she sounds nice, but more important just ignore her and focus on the people you like - and let others have the conversations that suit them.

it's like that in real life too.

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

January 3 2012, 10:30 AM 

It has nothing to do with me being negative or not. I was just watching Sex and the City yesterday (for the 100th times, LOL) and Samantha found gay hair (down there, LOL) and she was dramatize and it was very funny. I think its pretty common for every human to get a little upset when he or she sees white hair for the first time and for me it happened last week. I dont think its all abnormal to get a little upset about white hair, even for a person that has a perfect life in all other matters. So all I can say is I dont think it all abnormal to get upset when I see gray hair for the first time I just asked one simple question.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2012, 10:58 AM 

But it is abnormal to assume everything that occurs in your body is because of dor. Look, I get trying to find an answer to why I've asked it a million times. But to assume cellulite and grey hair is related to high fsh is about as silly as thinking I have high fj bc my eyes are brown! I really hope u have success Anna but seriously get out of the bitterness and stop letting this take over ur life. U have to control what u can control in this. You r young. You hve a lot going for you. And u will most likely find success before a lot of us who have been trying for years. So buck up, accept the card uv been dealt and get on with beating it. Stop bringing everything down bc u have a few gray hairs. Stop trying to connect anything bad that happens to you to your situation. Grab onto what u do have and go forwards positively. U will help a lot more people that way than with what u r doing now.

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

no its not silly

January 3 2012, 11:08 AM 

if you Google you see that menopause is connected to both gray hair and cellulite so i thought maybe DOR is as well. meanwhile I appreciate your advice.

Respond to this message   
anna
(Login annawaiting26)

January 3 2012, 8:02 AM 

Plz don't read my post and don't respond to them if u can't take it. At least what ever I write I have a courage to put my name.

Gearing up for IVF #4

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Stop the repressed anger & projection, ANON nt

January 3 2012, 11:35 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

Possible link? I don't know...

January 3 2012, 6:18 AM 

I have never heard of one however...

You have been experiencing so much stress and both of these can be linked to that. As Jainee said, maybe lifting some of the stress on yourself would help. Trust me, I know this is easier said than done but you might find it helps.

Good luck and, as someone else said, if it bothers you go for a new color! Might be a great pick-me-up!

Hugs,
Sara H

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

Doubtful

January 3 2012, 6:26 AM 

I think you should lay off the internet. I have several gray hairs, and had them since I was in my early 20s, definitely predating my DOR. My sister has no DOR and has more grays than I. Cellulite is the product of spending many hours per day sitting, as most people do at work, so it can happen to anyone, no matter their age or weight.

Respond to this message   
anna
(Login annawaiting26)

thanks, it makes me feel bettet :)

January 3 2012, 8:13 AM 

I am glad its not related to DOR, the gray hair is not noticeable yet, I was just sad thinking that DOR is doing it and taking over my life. If its not related I really don't care much about it. That's why hair colors r there and about the celullitte I guess I just work out more.

Thanks for the replies

Gearing up for IVF #4

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

I responded to other Q down below

January 3 2012, 8:36 AM 

as for this...I doubt it.

Respond to this message   
bigboy
(no login)

i have tons!

January 3 2012, 9:55 AM 

well not tons, but enough that i have to fix the roots every 4-6 weeks bc even if the color doesnt fade, the grays (white-silver-gray!) start coming in. i have really dark hair anyways so they were noticable in my early 20s. they dont bother me though. and i like coloring my own hair anyways, i think it's fun.

Respond to this message   
Nadia80
(no login)

Me..no gray hair..no cellulite...but no one is as POF as I am!

January 3 2012, 10:04 AM 

Just stres sweetie...I've had pof for nearly 7 years.

Xoxo
Nadia

Respond to this message   
Wren
(no login)

Grey hair (children ment)

January 3 2012, 11:04 AM 

I have some. But my mom was all grey by 20! And she had 4 kids and her last at 36! No DOR for her! So it's not connected as far as I know.

Respond to this message   
Alli
(Login Alli2009)

Do you think Michelle Duggar has gray hair and cellulite?

January 3 2012, 11:06 AM 

I would imagine yes.

Respond to this message   
kz
(no login)

Do NOT dismiss thoughtful questions!!!!!

January 3 2012, 11:06 AM 

Anon- WTF? I think ANON is jealous Anna is a size 2. I really can't think of any other reason for her stupid attack, and I'm sorry Anna had to be the target of ANON's anger & negativity. I'm not for people who dwell in 'poor me' either, but Anna was far from dwelling- she was asking the right questions- that's what this board has always been about.

Anna, your insights & observations are very useful.... If anything, you're being scientific and objective as you face your fears. I find people like you are actually the most positive & interesting types- the people who make connections. Smart. You'll move through the ups & downs of life faster, and be happier in the long run if your honest & thoughtful.

Yes, Cellulite & gray hair may be rooted in hormonal imbalance, digestive/malnutrition issues, autoimmune, toxins, & check your THYROID - there are hundreds of symptoms of hypothyroidism- gray hair & cellulite included. POF (which is very different than menopause), can play a role in all of this. Yes- It's all in the details, so pay attention - especially if you have NO family history of POF or early gray hair! I know someone with POF who saw some of her gray hair change back to dark brown- after she treated her adrenals & thyroid. That said, I've also known women with all gray hair & much older looking get a BPF. This is why it's so important to be aware of what's normal or not for you & your family. It's complex, but so exciting when we learn something new- like how diet or DHEA helps some women with POF (not all).

People like 'anon' may feign good intentions, but that was a clear attack. I found it upsetting & VERY negative. We have enough negativity and denial in this world. I really can't stand people who deny & blame the problems of this world on the wrong people. For example: Corporations that spew toxins that kill without regulation, and then are protected through Citizens United.

Reminder: THis is a support group. We're not empty headed plastic people, although maybe some are acting that way & are headed for a crash if they keep it up. Wake up. Do NOT dismiss any legit & thoughtful questions on this board. Every question should be respected & discussed. Someone has to connect the dots. Thanks to this board we've made connections that have helped bring many babies into this world....and helped many recover their health when many medical professionals failed & dismissed them.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Do NOT dismiss thoughtful questions!!!!!

January 3 2012, 11:11 AM 

I'm a size 4. Pretty happy with my weight thanks!

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

ur funny

January 3 2012, 11:13 AM 

oh god you made me laugh so hard!!! your first sentence is so funny. you know I do have thyroid problem and I am taking thyroid medication. so maybe I need to change the dose. if all didnt work I go red, I always wanted to have red hair wink.gif ( I am brunette)

Respond to this message   
kz
(no login)

there you go

January 3 2012, 11:20 AM 

you made a connection that may help you!

Anon seems to be against progress, and we won't let repressed negative people like her stop it.

Respond to this message   
Wren
(no login)

Thyroid

January 3 2012, 11:47 AM 

Anna, what is your thyroid problem and do you have it under control? I have hypothyroid.

Respond to this message   
anna
(Login annawaiting26)

@ wren about thyroid

January 3 2012, 12:07 PM 

I have elevated tsh. 3.5 then I took 25mug synthroid and it went down to 1.5 then it went up to 3.5 again and they inc my dosage to 50 mug. So for now my tsh is 0.07 which I think is low and maybe the dosage is a lot but Res say its ok better low than high . What do u think?

Gearing up for IVF #4

Respond to this message   
Wren
(no login)

January 3 2012, 12:22 PM 

Isnt high normally but it is for fertility purposes, especially ivf. My RE wanted me around 1. So .7 may be ok for you. The question is: are you having symptoms of hyperthyroid? Anxiety, heart palpitations, night sweats, weight loss?

Respond to this message   
anna
(Login annawaiting26)

0.07 not 0.7 i think its too low

January 3 2012, 12:49 PM 

I do have night sweat but I thought its the fsh

Gearing up for IVF #4

Respond to this message   
Hadas
(no login)

And I am hyperthyroid... would lke to know more!

January 3 2012, 12:52 PM 

We can take this to another thread, but I'd love to hear more about both of your thyroid issues. I just found out I'm hyperthryoid. Waiting for RE to review follow up bloodwork tomorrow to determine medication, etc. Nurse today confirmed that the follow up TSH is still low (first bloodtest was 0.26).

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

Re: And I am hyperthyroid... would lke to know more!

January 3 2012, 1:26 PM 

i saw your post below i dont know much about thyroid. go to this group they are helpful, i dont even know if I am considered hyper or hypo, hashimoto or grave, i am clueless

http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a3695?scid=ddigest_body

Respond to this message   
Hadas
(no login)

Thanks, Anna!

January 3 2012, 2:02 PM 

I wonder if there's any connection to high FSH... anyway, thank you!

Respond to this message   
DeeinNYC
(no login)

KZ..do you read these boards regularly?

January 3 2012, 11:52 AM 

I say that because although maybe not phrased in the nicest way..I think a lot of people feel the same way as the Anon poster. I know that I do. For many reasons and I feel that I am a very supportive person on these boards and others. This is indeed a support board, but in all honesty, what Anon said has IMHO some validity here. I also think reading some of the responses in that thread from last week would be very helpful here. Some really tried to give honest and helpful repsonses. I think any negativity in that thread was because of the timing with Sarah H's good news.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

We're not empty headed plastic people

January 3 2012, 12:12 PM 

Great post KZ, you said it best. This board didn't get to be the great rare resource it is by oppressing people, emotions, or intelligence.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2012, 12:07 PM 

Honey, I've been a size zero before and still had cellulite. Further, something akin to 90% of women have at least some cellulite. It has nothing to do with pof. wink.gif

As for the gray hair, I don't think it is related to POF but could be related to stress. Look how much the US presidents age once they take office.

Respond to this message   
previous poster
(no login)

January 3 2012, 2:34 PM 

By the way, I was trying to be funny and not negative.

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

January 3 2012, 3:00 PM 

I got it, or maybe the presidents dye their hair gray so they look wise and sexy!!!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - gray hair and pof
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement