<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Quick question about BD timing - does my DH need to change his flight?

January 21 2012 at 6:49 AM
smrc  (no login)

Just wondering if I could get some help with BD timing - feel dumb for asking after 4 years of TTC! Should be an expert.

Am doing TI with Dr. C.heck this month.

My numbers have actually been ok this cycle (yesterday -CD 12 - 1 follie 19; e2 604; lh 4.4; fsh 13.3; p4 0.6)

I expected to surge yesterday but because LH still lowish, C.ooper told me to trigger tonight at 6pm.

My question is: my DH has a flight booked for 1:30pm tomorrow afternoon - I have asked him to switch it to the evening (8:30pm) so that we can BD as close to O as possible (which presumably will be 24-36 hrs after I trigger at 6pm tonight?).

Is it worth him switching his flight? It will cost us about $400 to change the flight.

It's really a matter of BDing in morning vs evening tomorrow.

Sorry if TMI.

Just trying to give us best chances possible.

We will have BD'd the day of trigger and 2 days before.

TIA.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mrs. A
(no login)

Bd

January 21 2012, 7:53 AM 

Have you BDed so far? When does DH return?

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

dr bd

January 21 2012, 8:02 AM 

Hi there - yes we BD'd thurs night, fri night (last night), will BD again tonight and worse case scenario tomorrow morning (with trigger tonight at 6). DH won't be back til Friday so this will be it. sad.gif

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

you have a good supply

January 21 2012, 8:53 AM 

in there already wink.gif

I wouldn't change the flight. I'd BD just right before he's leaving the house for the airport.

Good luck!!

Respond to this message   
BabyDance
(no login)

Isn't the recommendation to BD the day of the trigger?

January 21 2012, 8:00 AM 

This always stressed me out beyond belief because of MF. Forgive me, but don't recall if you have this too. If you do, I (stressfully), would keep the flight the way it is and BD when he gets there, so he builds it up. If you don't, I'd take the earlier flight, and BD as much as possible. Praying for you. xoxo BD

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

thanks

January 21 2012, 8:06 AM 

The flight is actually leaving home for work in Canada so we can BD tonight (night of trigger) and tomorrow morning before he splits. I guess it means missing tomorrow night or Monday (36 hrs after trigger). Guess this could all be worse.

We do have morphology issues but I have never been concerned about BD too much - I don't think it would make much diff. Thanks and hope you're doing ok.

Respond to this message   
BabyDance
(no login)

Oh, got it... then, leave the flight the way it is..

January 21 2012, 11:23 AM 

BD in the morning... Sperm need, i think it's 6 hours to go through the capitation process anyway.. you want some good ones up there ready to go.. I say leave it. Good luck, g-d may this work for you, please, please, please. I will pray. xoxoox BD

Respond to this message   
BD
(no login)

I meant tonight and morning! xooxxoxooxxoxooxxo nt.

January 21 2012, 11:25 AM 

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

got it. thx again!!! n/t

January 21 2012, 1:57 PM 

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

My thoughts

January 21 2012, 8:04 AM 

My understanding of your post is that DH has to leave tomorrow on a 1:30 flight. Yes? BD tonight with trigger and before he leaves. I wouldn't spend the $$ for a few hours difference on Bding later in the day tomorrow. The sperm from tonight, tomorrow am should be there when the egg comes out later in the day. Just my 2Cents!

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

many thanks

January 21 2012, 9:59 AM 

and you have got it exactly right (my initial post wasn't very clear). We're going to leave his flight as is. Thanks again.

Respond to this message   
Antonialisa
(no login)

Re: Quick question about BD timing - does my DH need to change his flight?

January 21 2012, 8:11 AM 

Congratulations - those are good numbers! According to Sami David's book, it's much better to BD before ovulation than try to catch it after. Sperm live in fertile cervical mucus for days and what's best is if they are already there in the fallopian tubes when you ovulate. This is why they suggest BDing every other day around ovulation. So in theory BD this morning should take care of ovulation over the next 48 hours but I know it feels better to do it closer. If you had a good post-coital test it should be fine.

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

thank you so much antonialisa

January 21 2012, 10:04 AM 

and the post-coital test (which we actually did with Dr. D.avid!) is the only test we actually passed in this whole journey happy.gif I will keep DH's flight as is and hope for the best, with BD tonight and in the morning.

Our numbers were ok in the end but we did have a rocky start - FSH was 23 on CD5.

I'm sorry about your cycle this month - I am keeping my fingers crossed that a change of protocol will help you avoid a lead next time.

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

thank you all

January 21 2012, 10:06 AM 

and I'm so grateful for this board!!

With all the effort we make with monitoring, meds etc (we did 4 days of follistim at 75), the timing thing stresses me out beyond belief, esp with DH's work schedule. He does always makes things work for us in the end.

We kept the flight as is.

THANKS AGAIN

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

I agree with all posters and...

January 21 2012, 10:09 AM 

When you trigger you could ovulate earlier, so as others have said, don't spend the money on changing that flight!

However, when you BD tomorrow, stay in bad as long as possible and let those swimmers swim!

I think his leaving with this timing won't hurt anything, no worries! You should have plenty of swimmers in place!

Good luck and have fun! wink.gif

Sara H

Respond to this message   
Erin
(no login)

Agree with PPs, and wonder if you might have more than one in there...

January 21 2012, 10:48 AM 

I think your E2 is a little high for only one mature follicle (I think it's supposed to be- give or take- about 200/mature follie) so maybe you've got another one hiding in there? I any case, looks good- good luck!!!

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

I thought the same! :-)

January 21 2012, 11:11 AM 

Could be hiding behind the ovary, sometimes they can't see them there!

Good Luck!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

The range is 200-600 average per follicle

January 21 2012, 1:43 PM 

600 is a great level for one!
Somehow we read on these boards that 200 is expected per follicle but that is the low end of the average.

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

600 level

January 21 2012, 1:56 PM 

I too thought it was high (I have one other that is only about 12, but I suppose it could be contributing to my e2 level?)) - I asked the C.ooper nurse about my level and she said it was probably because of the follistim I took (75 for 4 days running).

My e2 is generally highish (even where I only have 1 follicle)-I sometimes wonder if this is a bad thing?? for another posting... happy.gif

Thanks again for confirming that our timing is OK.

Your postings took a HUGE stress off.

Respond to this message   
Erin
(no login)

Re: The range is 200-600 average per follicle

January 21 2012, 3:48 PM 

I had actually been given the 200 figure from my first doctor (or maybe her nurse?) but at the time I was asking because my E2 was not very high as I stimmed, so it's possible they just gave me the lower end of the spectrum so I would feel better... In any case, I think your E2 looks great! Good luck!!!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement