carol  (no login)

Hi can anyone guide me to where i should buy Maca and which kind to buy. Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sara H
(no login)

Sorry, don't even know what it is!

January 21 2012, 1:48 PM 

if it's a vit/supplement I found the best prices by going to Amazon and then looking at the links on the bottom of the page of what I was looking for (if that makes scene!)

Also, once you find a site, sign up for their e-mail list. Often you get a coupon in your into letter! Can help!

Good luck!
Sara H

I did find this talking about different kinds of maca. I'd be very careful to buy this organic and from a major seller since it is so new and untested...

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/maca.htm

Respond to this message   
mel
(Login melwr)

You can buy at Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe

January 21 2012, 2:33 PM 

It is probably sold other places as well, but I have bought it at either Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe. There are several different brands and I'm not sure what the difference between them is. It is sold in powder form (to mix with food or tea) or in capsule form. It has a very strong flavor and takes some getting used to.

Respond to this message   
anon10
(no login)

Slight barge

January 21 2012, 2:54 PM 

Hi Carol,
I read a lot about Maca last year so I decided to take it. I ordered it online - tried to look for the company's name but I could not find it, sorry. However I mentioned to my acupunturist that I was taking it and she told me to stop taking it as there have really not been any conclusive studies that it helps with egg quality/production. She gave me a transcript of an interview about it and essentially the message was that it is inconclusive as to whether it helps or hurts IF so better to avoid it & there are no established guidlines as how much to take. For what it's worth, I had no side effects while taking it ( I took powder form in smoothies) but I had a horrible cycle as far as egg production & quality when I was using Maca. Not blaming it on Maca but I always analyze the outcome of a cycle and what I may have done differently. Just my two cents. Good luck whatever you chose to do!

Respond to this message   
Rebekah
(Login Bestbehavior)

Maca recipe included

January 21 2012, 5:10 PM 

Here is my recipe - it's really good too.

Cocoa Maca Shake
Ingredients:
1 cup almond or unsweetened coconut milk
2 frozen/fresh peeled bananas
3-5 icecubes (optional)
1 heaping tbsp raw carob/cacao powder
1 tsp maca powder
Maple syrup, or agave to sweeten to taste

Blend until smooth.

*Notes: I used my vitamix with the almond milk, fresh bananas, cacao powder and a drizzle of honey. I buy my maca powder from Lucky Vitamin (it's a raw organic blend).

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement