<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Along the Lines of Babydance: Strenuous Work after IVF

January 22 2012 at 11:49 AM
Holly  (no login)

Hi Ladies:

Reading through the thread about running after IVF. Wanted to ask your opinion about strenuous WORK after the procedure. My RE told me I would need to take it easy the two weeks prior to retrieval due to the size of my ovaries and then 1-2 weeks after transfer. I have a very physically demanding job at times (on a 4-wheeler most days) which is concerning. I can definitely ditch the bike and walk (maybe up to 4 hours a day) but in you opinion do you think that's too much. I'm in the process of recruiting some help so I'm not so taxed but I'm trying to figure out if I should even work at all. Just for reference, I'm a horticulturist in the tree fruit industry. I'm VERY busy spring and summer. Most doctors have told me that if I'm used to the work it's no big deal. I am 39 though and undergoing an already iffy procedure. Any input would be much appreciated. IVF scheduled for March.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sara H
(no login)

I don't know, Holly....

January 23 2012, 3:19 PM 

I'd really talk to your Dr about this but if your body is used to it I'd guess it's OK in general. I mean, that is what they say...

However: I'd say take it really really easy after a procedure. After all, your body is NOT used to that and, if hopefully soon, you do get PG you'll have to change your work load anyway... and for you I mean that literally!

Making a pure guess, though: I am guessing better to ride than walk. All that walking would put your body in athletic mode, which tends to mess with cycles and such.

Good luck to you and I hope there is an easy answer!

Hugs,
Sara H

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement