<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Everyone, take a B-complex...(pg ment)

January 23 2012 at 11:45 AM
Take a guess!  (no login)

So my 2ww turned into a 9-day w. I couldn't take it any more. I decided that even if I got a BFP, I'd run out and buy more pee sticks, so might as well use it now, because it's probably BFN anyway (not to be negative, but I've become immune to them I think).

AND BFP!!! No stims, no trigger. Natural BFP.

Seriously, 6 months ago an OB looked at me and said "no babies, you're in menopause". I had FSH=70 (not a CD3 number, but that is still extremely high). I started the new year at an RE's office. CD3 FSH=22, AFC effectively 0 (3 very small follies on one side). He said, here's some estrace. Take it and I'll see you in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later he saw a large CL cyst and p4=5, so said I had O. There was even a new 14mm folly on the other side. Good think DH and I BD over the weekend...

Sound familiar? It's me, Laura, who's been on here like every 5 seconds the past week trying to avoid POAS...

It's so early, so I know anything could still happen, but at the very least, I have working ovaries. TWO of them...

Here's what I think helped:

Really, it was probably the estrace. My e2 has been so low, my RE said that it was too low to support growing follies. A vicious cycle; not enough e2 to support follies, so follies don't grow, so they don't release e2, so there's no e2 to support follies...etc. Since NYD, I cut out caffeine and alcohol. I started taking O-3 and B-complex in addition to my prenatal vit. My acupuncturist told me I was "blood-deficient" so I increased my high-quality red meat intake as well as dark green veggies.

BUT, my other good friend got her first BFP after 1 year TTC in the same cycle as me where we both started b-complex at the beginning. Probably just a coincidence, but still...take your B-complex; it can't hurt.

Baby dust to you all! -L

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
anna
(no login)

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

January 23 2012, 11:51 AM 

i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you, unbelievable, the Laura who didnt even have AF!!!!!! You should tell all the Res and OBGYN who turned you down, IN YOUR FACE. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart sent your way, H&H 9 month.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

WOW

January 23 2012, 11:54 AM 

That is incredible! Can you get your p4 tested? If it is still around 5, you will need supps to support the pg!

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

Thanks, Anna!

January 23 2012, 4:31 PM 

I was hesitant to post bc I know you're also in 2ww...I am praying so much for you and your embies!!

And I saw in an earlier post that you felt like a mom to your embies before transfer, and I think it is totally normal, and probably why some women push to have more embies implanted then suggested. Stay off your feet and let those embies snuggle in!!

Respond to this message   
Dana
(no login)

Congrats Laura

January 23 2012, 12:02 PM 

OMG. That is so awesome. I have been contemplating taking a b vitamin as I heard it's good for fertility. I think you and I are in the same boat. I have been seeing Dr Check for a while and they keep putting me on Ethinyl Estradiol to lower FSH but while doing that at my last B/w, my E2 was 7! So, low E2 just like you with no visible follies. I've been a mess. Thank you for this post. Makes me thinhathor can work for me! Best of luck to you girl!

Long time poster,
Dana

Respond to this message   
Dana
(no login)

Stupid autocorrect! LOL

January 23 2012, 12:06 PM 

That last sentence should say that it makes me think it can work for me!

Congrats again,
Dana

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

Thanks, Dana!

January 23 2012, 4:34 PM 

I'm happy you found Dr. Check, he wouldn't have been an option for me, but I'm glad he is for you. And yes! Take that B-complex!!

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

well... (success ment)

January 23 2012, 12:11 PM 

congrats first off!

and for anyone who knows my story...I self-prescribed my own B12 shots. And that was the cycle I got the sticky BFP.

Respond to this message   
Nadia80
(no login)

How long did u take them. I'm deficient. Nt

January 23 2012, 1:02 PM 

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

B-complex

January 23 2012, 4:37 PM 

I just started taking them at the beginning of this cycle. My friend doing her doctorate in physiology says that women with irregular AF are usually B-deficient. Who knew?

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(Login 39andTTC)

did you mean this question for me or Laura? n/t

January 23 2012, 9:58 PM 

Respond to this message   
Nadia80
(no login)

Yeah mrs A. How many shots did u take before seeing a difference.

January 24 2012, 3:44 PM 

How deficient were u? Me.. B12 127 (148-738)

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(Login 39andTTC)

info

January 24 2012, 5:10 PM 

I'd never had my B12 levels checked.  To this day I have no idea if I was deficient or not.

However, that wasn't the basis for me doing the B12 shots.  Below is info I shared with someone about this.  As for how much per shot, I'd have to check but I'm sure it was at least 1 ml and maybe as much as 2 ml.

I did the B12 shots because I had read about how it is important fuel for cell energy and that it promotes healthy cell division.  Since I had very poor division with my embryos in the petri dish, I reasoned that I could compensate for that once they were transferred back.  And then once we decided to move on to DE I still felt that I would benefit from it since that too obviously involves a transfer of an embie.

Using B12 shots to promote better cell division for embies is NOT anything I found documented.  I want to be clear about that - don't want to mislead you that I found evidence to support its use for embie cell division.  BUT, I did read plenty that indicated that adequate levels of the B vitamins is important for fertility as well as read that there is no medical harm or risk to take a B12 shot(s).  And I didn't need to read that part, because DH has always taken B12 shots from his doctor and later a nurse friend who would administer for him.  He suffers from bad allergies that drain and fatigue him so the B12 shots in his case, are for energy.  But once I became a whiz with injections, I started giving him the shots...and then eventually this last cycle I started taking them as well.

Respond to this message   
Nadia80
(no login)

Woow. Thanks great info. Nt

January 25 2012, 3:27 PM 

Respond to this message   
Tami
(Login lovemysis)

Wow!!!

January 23 2012, 12:15 PM 

Congratulations!! You have helped give all of us hope!

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

Incredible news!!!

January 23 2012, 12:16 PM 

Congrats- so happy for you:)!!

Respond to this message   
Jen
(no login)

So GOOD to hear!!!!

January 23 2012, 12:41 PM 

Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What B-Complex vitamin did you take and what is O-3?

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

Re: So GOOD to hear!!!!

January 23 2012, 4:41 PM 

I picked up my B-complex at trader joe's this time. I usually by my supplements in BOGO from CVS or Walgreens, but this time just remembered it on the spot.

O-3 means "omega-3 fatty acid". Most people take fish oil, but it gave me food poisoning symptoms, so I take flax seed oil instead.

Respond to this message   
Alli
(no login)

Dr. A told me to take Vit B complex (pg ment)

January 23 2012, 12:54 PM 

And it worked!! Congrats Laura happy.gif

Respond to this message   
b&a72
(no login)

Awesome!

January 23 2012, 1:01 PM 

I also took B complex. Also took CoQ10, and royal jelly in bee pollen. Amazing congrats again!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement